web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#101261 02/07/12 02:28 AM
OP Offline
We are replacing BCM 400 with an IPO r7 and will be connecting to a bcm 450 with sip trunks. I am reusing the ip addresses that are in the BCM, and in fact the same network cable will swing into new box.

I can't communicate with the IPO over the network. If I plug into the LAN port, the ip address responds just fine. To access from my office, I have to set up a VPN with Cisco Anyconnect. When I run Manager, it doesn't see the phone system IP. If I put the ip address in manually, I still don't get it to show up in the discovery window. I am also unable to ping the ip address. These are good addresses, as I can talk to the BCM's in the exact way I described. And the VPN and ip's have been in use for about 4 years.

Any ideas why this won't let me in?

Shawn
Connect Telecom www.connecttelecom.us
In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock. Thomas Jefferson
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Can you ping anything else on the remote LAN? When you ping, do you get time outs or destination unreachable messages? If you do a IPCONFIG fom the command line do you see your VPN adapter with a LAN IP of the remote side? Is your local IP on the same subnet as the remote LAN? If so they must be different. If your host IP is on the same subnet as your remotes then your computer will not know to route to the gateway which in this case is the VPN "adapter."

If you go to the remote site where the IPO resides, can you ping and access the system fine there? I am assuming you have entered all the correct IP information into the IPO unit.

OP Offline
Yes, if I am onsite I can access the IPO just fine. I will have to check and see on the message, I don't recall. I can ping the other BCM's that are on the same network or range of ip's. I only loose abilty to connect when I try to access IPO address.

Shawn
Connect Telecom www.connecttelecom.us
In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock. Thomas Jefferson
Your IP routes aren't right for the Vpn. I am guessing your Von network IP address is different then the rest of the network. Go to IP routes in the IPO and create one like this 0.0.0.0 and gateway is the actual gateway for the LAN...

As I mentioned, it really looks like the issue is your VPN is on the same subnet as your LAN. That won't work. Since you can ping, presumably with your laptop, to any IP while on site then your laptop is on the same subnet. VPN works by creating a virtual adapter which has an adddress on the remote LAN. All routing is handled by the VPN client. So if the remote is subnet 192.168.1.0 then your VPN client system must be on any subnet other than that.

Do as jctsphone. Your IP route is incorrect for sure.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,634 Shoretel
189,520 CTX100 install
187,778 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (newtecky, Toner), 138 guests, and 366 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024