. as soon as you hooked the music
back up buzzzzzzzzzzz well I'm thinking well
I'll try another source so I hooked a pc
and was using it for a music source
Buzzzzzzzzz could the client have fried something
internally on the mitel buy shorting out the audio
I even went as far as changing the card slot
and port of the ons moh port to another card
and buzzzzzzz ... any insight on this?How would I go about fixing this? I am thinking possibly the mitel is picking up noise from somewhere.but where? would case grounding the music source
to the same ground as mitel help?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Try rolling the music input pair . If that does not work , change the music input to a new PLID .
That's about the only variables ! Other than a system reset . smile Thanks

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
OP Offline
changed the input already to another ons port
but did not reset funny thing is I can not delete
the old ons port mitel echos back that it is
use even though it is not in use. it is not
in misc ports ass or re-routing table

You may have to maintbusy before you can delete . Check your Edocs or click help if available . There is not many variables when it comes to music .

TDS Offline
I have looked at all my lw 19 doc no referance to moh to ons port. only to univeral card/moh adapter or dmp .
on a icp i found this

The following conditions apply to this feature:
• It requires Feature Level 4 or greater enabled in System Option 102.
• If the music source is programmed in Form 19, Call Rerouting Table, each Bay that connects via a Control Dual FIM Carrier requires one dedicated channel for each programmed music source. Each Bay that connects via a Control Triple FIM Carrier requires two dedicated channels for each music source.
Programming
WARNING: The music source must be programmed BEFORE it is connected. If it is not connected
when it is programmed, then do one of the following:
• disconnnect and reconnect the device
• remove and reinstall the card
• reset the bay
• reset the the controller.
• In CDE Form 04, System Option and Timers, enable Feature Level 4 in System Option 102.
• In CDE Form 09, Desktop Device Assignments, program the music source as an ONS port.
• To set up the music source as a listen-only conference, define an ONS port using the Music Source Following option in CDE Form 41, ACD Path.
• To set up the music source as a system-wide music source, program a Music-on-Hold source in CDE Form 18, Miscellaneous System Ports. A new channel is allocated to each Bay.
• To set up music sources for tenants, specify the Music Source for this Tenant call rerouting option in CDE Form 19, Call Rerouting Table. A new channel is allocated to each Bay.
• After a programmed ONS source is physically connected, its status appears as "altms" in a maintenance report.
Operation

Do you have access to Mitel On Line ? If not I can pose this problem to Mitel's online help desk . I work primarily on the SX2000 & 3300ICP Systems . Let me know . Thanks smile

I will PM you Mitel's suggestions if you have no online access !

You are likely experiencing a ground loop issue. A lot of noise is carried on the shield of the cable tv line, and connecting a cable box to other equipment can often cause slight voltage imbalances that lead to hum. I haven't seen this in a MOH system, but it is a common problem when people connect their cable boxes to home audio equipment.

My solution is to purchase a "ground loop isolator" which has RCA inputs and outputs and goes inline between the music source and the Mitel. Inside I believe it has a little transformer that blocks the DC noise carried over the signal wires while allowing the AC music signal to cross. A 1:1 Audio transformer (available at Radio Shack) would also probably work.

In theory you can also solve this by making sure the cable box, cable line and Mitel Switch are both tightly connected to the building ground. (Ideally at the same terminal). There is a ground terminal on the Mitel cabinet for just this reason.

Mark

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,314
Posts638,921
Members49,775
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,105 Shoretel
190,316 CTX100 install
188,602 1a2 system
Newest Members
Kahm310, PeterG, lyte, 4thright, dcl
49,775 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
jsaad 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 124 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024