Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi,
I've been asked to track down one of those conference phones for meeting rooms, but the only Mitel conference unit I can see is this https://www.mitel.com/DocController?documentId=9784&c=9512&sc=9518

Am I missing something, or is this the only unit from Mitel? Ideally I'd like something like this Polycom unit https://www.polycom.com.au/products...e_phones/soundstation/soundstation2.html
Does anyone know if something like that would work on a Mitel 3300 system, or perhaps if I'm being a moron and completely missing Mitel's conferencing phone section? :scratch:

Thanks,
Josh

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The Polycom unit will work if you have an available analog port.

JimmyV

"Well informed people know it is impossible to transmit the voice over wires. Even if it were, it would be of no practical value" Boston Post, 1865
OP Offline
Hi Jimmyv,
I was hoping to find something that didn't need an analog port. But I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles...
Thanks.

OP Offline
Edit: Found the Polycom IP phones https://www.polycom.com.au/products/voice/conferencing_solutions/conference_phones/index.html
Must be losing it...it was in plain sight. :p

Unfortunatley my software version doesn't support it, so I'll go with the analog one anyway.

What kind of controller do you have?
Choices are MX, LX, CX, CXi, MXE etc.
Different controllers have built in analog ports.
The nicest unit is the Mitel one and it attaches to various Mitel IP phones. The advantage being that the phone works the same as all your other phones so it's easier for people to trans/conf with.

Dave

Manager of technical services
Mitel/Toshiba dealer for 25 years
TAG member
Oh yeah...
What software version are you on? The Polycom IP unit is SIP so you would just need a relatively cheap SIP license.

Dave

TAG member
OP Offline
I've got an MX controller. Software version is 6.1.7.11_5. I can't actually get to the back of the MX controller yet because of the way the rack's been set up--until I can get it cleaned out...always fun taking on a new customer :rolleyes:
I like the idea of an IP phone that can integrate with the system, but I think that for aesthetic reasons alone they're more likely to go with the Polycom

Well worth the upgrade I think as SIP didn't exist in rev 6.
Also I don't think 6 is supported anymore.

TAG member
I personally wouldn't have a SIP conference phone. Mitnet would be a lot better IMHO

OP Offline
Sorry for the delay in replying. I'll have a look into a software update. I'll probably go with the Polycom unit because of the ease of setup/use.

Thanks guys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,903 Shoretel
189,997 CTX100 install
188,225 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 57 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024