web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
REW Offline OP
OP Offline
I have been fighting this for about a month . An SX50 worked fine on loop start copper trunks from the telco. Now on a T1 line. Still loop start lines from the Adtran channel bank but now about twice a week the trunks fail to release and then cant dial in or out. Pulling the Amp connector from the trunk card causes the trunks to drop and every thing works fine till the next time they fail to release. The channel bank is dropping the voltage on the trunks when the calling party hangs up. I have put SX-50s on channel banks many times before with no problems. Anybody have any ideas on what I may have done wrong this time?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

REW Offline OP
OP Offline
Change last line to read " Anybody have any ideas on what may be wrong." I dont think I did anything wrong!

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Let me guess, motel. How hot does the equipment room get? The obvious 1st step is to swap out the LS/GS card(s). Next, or maybe FIRST is suspect channel bank! Do the trunk card first, because then you can say that changing out your equipment made no change and it was ok before the T1. And you might shorten the disconnect timing recognition. Reg 2, Bit f, for each trunk. If the customer has no use for conference, disable trunk to trunk conference.
And change disconnect supervision guaranteed to no, Reg 2, Bit c. And in Reg 1 make sure you are set to short analog trunk.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
REW Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes it is in a motel but this switch was lucky enough to be mounted in the managers office. He keeps it about 70 degrees in there all the time. I have changed the trunk card and the channel bank has also been changed. I will make the adjustments in the programming that you suggested and see what happens. Thanks

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,404 Shoretel
189,156 CTX100 install
187,426 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 157 guests, and 435 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024