web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Lea T Offline OP
OP Offline
We currently have a Mitel 5000 system installed at our corporate office and smaller systems at each plant location. Our UK office has a brand new Nortel VOIP system and I need to find a way to connect these two systems like with SLA. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Nortel is telling me it can't be done, Mitel says it can but are not being very clear about the ins and outs.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Well, since no-one has responded, I will. If I'm wrong, we'll hear about it, I'm sure! smile There are discussions about this in the Voip forum, among other places, but here goes.

Voip extensions with ATA's at the corporate office. Of course you will need RELIABLE trans-oceanic (WOW, haven't heard that expression in a loooonnngg time) internet links, but....

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Haven't dealt with the 5000 much yet, but some type of sip trunking between the 2 might work.

I have connected a 5000 system to a Nortel using E1/T1. The Nortel needs to act as master. All this gives is desk to desk dialling and the ability to transfer calls between sites. Calls can be routed to the Nortel from the 5000 with phantoms

I never dealt with 5000 and Nortel in the Network configuration but plain logic tells me if you are not using any Integration such as Ext. ID over the Network or Centralized VM but just plain dialing then it should be no problems if the Protocols of a B2B T1s are the same. The matter is to properly set up Routing and clearly tell both system what info to expect from each other. I think that E1/T1 PRI is a proper interface to use.

This is an old topic, but I just came across it.

There is a Mitel IP Single Line Adapter (SLA) that should do exactly what you need. It would be installed on the Nortel system, to a trunk port.

The IP SLA is programmed as a VoIP endpoint on the 5000 system. Dial the extension number, and the trunk port rings on the Nortel. Select the trunk port on the Nortel, and you’re pulling dial tone on the 5000.

The IP SLA is a holdover from the Inter-Tel Axxess product line. We used them to “network” remote systems that didn’t have an IP resource card.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,381 Shoretel
189,088 CTX100 install
187,414 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 123 guests, and 423 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024