web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi, Folks.

Got a weird one for you. SX 200 ICP, newly installed + 6 months, and a new PRI, +1 month. Before the PRI,
Caller ID outbound always showed the 1MB telephone number.

One of the reasons for conversion to PRI was to have extension-specific outbound Caller ID (Shows DID of extension instead of the phone number for the line). Extensions without DIDs show the MPN.

So far, so good.

Before the PRI, call accounting worked perfectly: Tel with Serial Printer, output to PMS.

After the PRI went in, I started getting complaints that the Call Accounting was showing guest calls to the MPN. Was the guest being charged for internal calls? I checked it out and traced it to the Modified Digit Table. There's a *6 (insert extension #) that has to be there to make the outbound caller ID work, but it inserts the MPN when the guest makes a call, so the TEL thinks that the guest called the MPN.

All calls outbound are being charged as a local call to the MPN.

If I remove *6 from the modified digit table, Call Accounting works, but outbound caller ID shows the MPN for all extensions, which won't fly. With the *6, caller ID out works, but Call Accounting is hosed.

Any ideas or thoughts? Suggestions?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

TDS Offline
try *4 after the *6 turns smdr back on for
the dialed digits

Actually, whatever you don't want sent to SMDR needs to be 'bracketed' by *4's. (i.e. *4 *6 *4)

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Can't you set up a different COR for guest rooms with a different digit modification string? A little hassle, but probably the 'correct' way to do it.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
LH,

Yes you can but not sure if necessarily the "correct" way since *4*6*4 will block the outgoing CPN from going to the call accounting unit but will send to the Telco correctly.

*4 Turns on & off SMDR which is why F5F said to bracket the *6. So *4 turn off SMDR, *6 send CPN, *4 turn on SMDR and send dialed string to call accounting unit.

Just be glad you don't have the customer convert to a telco that will only accept 10 digits from on that required 1+ for toll free and LD. Without an upgrade from Tel (which the customer didn't want to pay for) I had to set up a dialing string for all local prefixes in their LATA and then in Mod Dig, absorb the 9 1 + AC, insert *4 AC *4 so that only 7 digits went to the call accounting which it assumes to be a local call. (We are 10 digit dialing in NE Ohio) Only 231 entries. mad

Jon

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt"

Mark Twain
OP Offline
Turns out 55' and JM have it right. Changed *6 to *4*6*4 and it works as designed.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,685 Shoretel
189,703 CTX100 install
187,890 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024