web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Anyone else had this issue? I have a customer that has a voicemail box on 200 ICP...5.0.2.3 (whatever latest release. They have an analog phone on a (ONS card and bay slot) with embedded voicemail...she says sometimes people call and get that her voicemail box is full....i have deleted the VM box and reprogammed.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

In form 50, what 's the max. messages set to?

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
OP Offline
I deleted mailbox and reprogrammed it ...plus changed the max messages from 15 to 25...maybe this will help

That should make a big difference! If the trouble gets reported again, have her log in, and confirm how many 'New' messages are in that box!!

You can also set the number of days until it deletes the message.

You can increase the max messages up to 100 if this is a manager or CS person.

Jon

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt"

Mark Twain
The number of days to delete a message, only applies to saved messages, not new messages.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Question, Do the 'saved messages' count in the number of messages. Had a customer employee that was not deleting old messages and his box was full. Yes, saved messages counted. I had him check his messages and sure enough he would just listen to the next one and hang up when 'no new messages' happened. I asked him if he deleted messages and he eventually stated that he thought it was auto-deleting. His previous employer's VM did. This one would, too, but in my experience, that can be a BAD thing! His boss agreed, so he had to start 'doin' his job'.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Amen LH!!

Since this system can forward to email with options to either keep a message marked as read in the VM or delete the forwarded message it is BAD idea to have it deleted. Record-a-Calls are sent to your VM box and are normally larger than a standard VM message. Some email servers limit the size of attachments and delete the message. As far as the 200ICP is concerned, (I sent the message) and it also deletes the message. OOPS! I always persuade the customer to have the system keep a copy in the vm box and manually delete it.

Had a customer tell I don't want the d$*n message in my box so have it delete it. He was using Record-a-Call and had a, let's say an interesting conversation he recorded, 25 minutes worth. His email service provider would not accept that large of attachment and the recording was lost and so was his proof in court. Guess what? He manually deletes them now. :bang:

Jon

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt"

Mark Twain

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,732 Shoretel
189,789 CTX100 install
187,935 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (newtecky), 115 guests, and 296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024