web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jonmyk Offline OP
OP Offline
Haven't been onsite yet but I have a 200ICP with 2 PER bays and random rooms on 3 different ONS cards are going off hook for almost 4 minutes, sending Alarm Code = 101 and then passing the off hook test. This happening when nobody is in the room or the resident (an assisted living facility) is sleeping. The customer has the off hook alarm notify the console so they can make sure someone didn't try to make a call and fall, etc..

System has been rebooted and is running on 5.0.0.11 SW. I will be heading that way in a few days but any ideas besides unlikely possibility of 3 bad ONS cards?

Have to be honest I've never experienced this before and didn't find anything under a search for Alarm Code 101 either.

Jon

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt"

Mark Twain
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I have has this same trouble and in my case it was the phone was not being hung up properly, it was more so the phone than the resident. To trouble shoot and hopefully one is in alarm is disconnect the phone and see if it clears and work back. You can monitor the line from maintenance. The other option is it is a cabling problem, are the phones that are going off hook in the same cable or area where cabling or wet blocks etc could happen?

Find out if there is any ancillary equip connected. I had this problem in a hotel with mini-bar fridges that dialed to a local server. When power went off and back on 300 mini-bars came off hook and since there are only so many dtmf receivers, most kept trying to communicate with the server for a looonnnng time. Had to have the vendor disable that feature.

Wooster, eh? Ever hear of Deerfield?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
jonmyk Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes I've heard of Deerfield.

The rooms are not all in the same hallway or wing. The blocks are in a dry location and have been checked.

Jon

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt"

Mark Twain
You may also want to check the rev's on the cards. rev C.08 cards had a problem going off hook, static and randomly dialing low digit numbers I.E. 111,101,121 etc

Alex Kroger
Pinnacle Communications Corp
Mitel/Hitachi
Nationwide Hospitality Provider
jonmyk Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay, customer finally gave me all of the information...

They use the off-hook alarm as a "poor man's" nurse call. So now I have to rely on them to let me know which rooms are actually having a "problem".

So now I have another question... If a phone is off hook for a long period of time will it cause the Maint logs to show up as:

Off Hook Alarm failed Ext XXXX

and then 4 minutes later

Off Hook Alarm passed Ext XXXX

then 30 seconds later the cycle starts over?

Jon

Mark Twain

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,730 Shoretel
189,776 CTX100 install
187,934 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024