web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Kit Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi, new to the board here... I inherited a 124i system and have a small issue. I have 3 lines coming in. whenever someone is on the line, if anyone else calls the main number it just rings and rings, like the AA will not pick up. Any suggestions or questions to possibly help me out would be wonderful. Obviously I didn't inherit programming manuals for this or anything, and trying to find anything on the web is hard.

Thanks in advance!
Kit

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Sounds like you have a 3 line hunt group where if line 1 is busy, a second call rolls over to line 2 and etc. It could be none of those lines are programmed to overflow to voice mail. That would be easy enough to do. However, is the voice mail programmed and does it have your company's greeting recorded? Before you have any calls overflow, this needs to be set up. What type of voice mail is it? How many ports? All this has to be programmed first.

St Petersburg
Kit Offline OP
OP Offline
You are correct, we have a 3 line hunt group through verizon. When the main line is called our company message is heard with the options to enter extension, dial 0, etc. So, say I call and enter extension 303 and he picks up. As he is on that line, I'll call the same number and it just rings, and rings... almost like the trunks are not grouped correctly. Type of voicemail system? Well actually don't know but do know the voicemail is working fine for the extensions. All I want is to make sure that greeting is heard when someone else calls while the line is taken up.

Thanks so much for the help!

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
if you dial the second or third line directly does the AA answer ?

could be the second line in the hunt group isn't even going to the 124i
there are a lot of variables here

sounds like you need to get a tech in who understands the system and how to troubleshoot and program it

if you don't have a local tech you can try the installer link at the top of the page here

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
I agree. Lines 2 or 3 sound like they aren't programmed to ring anywhere, let alone overflow to voice mail. Play it safe and get a qualified tech out there.

St Petersburg
Kit Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks a lot as I completely agree! I finally got a hold of my tech who's helped me before. I was trying to get this figured out yesterday before the office came into full affect. I do thank you for your responses!

To answer your questions though, I actually didn't try to dial the second or third line directly. I mean all lines are hooked in to the system and can be used to dial out. It's just dialing in that it seems is not going to the AA if the first line is in use.

Anyways, thanks again and I finally have my tech helping me!

Kit

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,855 Shoretel
189,971 CTX100 install
188,078 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 7
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (newtecky), 92 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024