web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello all, inplace is a MICS 4.1 Customer has been using a PRI for quit sometime. I recently added a T1 card so they can connect to some WiFi phone system called Vocera.

According to what Vocera can work with, I have set the T1 trunks (025-048) as E&M wink start, Pool B. I built route 003 to go to Pool B. Destination code "88" points to route 003. Thus letting the customer dial "88" to access the T1.

So far, so good. What they want the Vocera system to do is be able to access the T1 and have one of the trunks ring to the Auto Attendant.

So... my question is, if I setup lines 025-030 as DID assuming the Vocera is going to send me digits, can I use any target line and just input the received digits the Vocera is sending or will it interfere with the DID's comming in over the existing PRI?

Additionally, can someone dial into the system from outside (calling a did over the PRI)and access any of the T1 trunks? If so, how would this be done?

Thanks in advance,
-MO

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Q1. No it will not interfere with existing DID assuming they are sending different digits.

Q2 Yes, however you have to setup as DISA, and then allow access to the outgoing trunk group.

OP Offline
Thanks rusty,

DISA? Can I set that up with what I have now (PRI and T1 cards) is DISA in programming or do I need a DISA card?

Once I find my way to where the DISA is setup, im sure I can figure it out.

Thanks,
-MO

I believe you will need to setup the DISA DN to answer with a particular target line. Hopefully someone can confirm this.

~n

Hi MO,

Yes you could use DISA for this application, just as rustnails describes. A single DID could be directed to the DISA DN, which would answer with system tone.

If you would prefer to direct multiple DIDs to individual WiFi handsets, you could route the received digits back out the T-1.

In either case, you will need to configure a remote access package that allows access to the T-1 pool. Then, assign that package to the PRI lines.

Good Luck!

Marty Beutler
Follow me on my quest to webify all of us at Webify.Us
--> Providing Business Relevance for Web 2.0 Technologies
OP Offline
Thanks BCM and Rusty,

I will get a chance to do this, this week. I will keep you posted.

Thank again!
-MO

OP Offline
Finally got a chance to get into the system. I had to setup 10 channels as E&M to be able to talk to the Vocera system. Can I receive digits as E&M like a DID? The Vocera would access the same T1 trunks but when it trys to dial across, will I see them as a target line?

DISA... I cannot find this anywhere in programming. Please advise...

Thanks,
-MO

OP Offline
Finally got a chance to get into the system. I had to setup 10 channels as E&M to be able to talk to the Vocera system. Can I receive digits as E&M like a DID? The Vocera would access the same T1 trunks but when it trys to dial across, will I see them as a target line?

DISA... I cannot find this anywhere in programming. Please advise...

Thanks,
-MO

Yes, E&M will work. It will allow the system to accept digits from the Vocera. And, yes, those digits will map to target lines that you configure.

As for the DISA, lets first determine whether that is the appropriate method for you. You mention calls coming in on a DID routing to a wireless handset. If you have multiple handsets, each with a DID, DISA would not be the BEST way to handle your scenario. It would be better to route those calls straight to the Vocera (no DISA). If you only have one DID to access multiple handsets, DISA would work. Let us know which you want to do.

Marty Beutler
Follow me on my quest to webify all of us at Webify.Us
--> Providing Business Relevance for Web 2.0 Technologies

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,295
Posts638,837
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,645 Shoretel
189,531 CTX100 install
187,784 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 144 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024