web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
"Hardware=PRI - Lines 001-023 Protocol=NI2 NSF ext=None"

Does the "ext" setting allow you to change from the "none" (default) to "WATS"? From what I can find the WATS setting is for 5ESS.
Have you matched this information with your other customer's PRI? Are both MICS using the same software version?

I advise having a Certified Nortel Technician confirm this, and take over coordination with the folks from Qwest. Unfortuneately, I'm not qualified on the Nortel Norstar MICS Systems, and I do not want to accidentally misadvise you, accidentally resulting in increasing the protocol issue. Please understand. smile

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

From Nortel Software Release Notes.

Enhancements made over MICS 5.0 WI 6.00

No Ringback tone on inbound calls

Customers calling into the Norstar system from the public network on PRI trunks will not get ringback tone from the Norstar. Those installs using the private networking or MCDN functionality will not be affected. The lack of ringback tone will be encountered when using any of the following protocols:
• NI2
• DMS 100
• DMS 250
• 4ESS
Customer installations using PRI connections directly to the central office will be the only sites affected by this issue. For those sites utilizing PRI trunking in M1 private networked environments installations will be unaffected. Customers using analog only installations will also be unaffected.

This has been addressed in MICS 5.0 WI 6.02
Enhancements made over MICS 4.1.1 WI 6.15
PRI

OP Offline
UPDATE....PROBLEM RESOLVED
Got hold of an old ITAS technical bulletin.
It seems that 5.0 software has a problem that was corrected with Maintenance Release 5.0 WI 6.02 software. Apparently the people who sold this customer the switch never upgraded to the maintenance release since they were not using ISDN/PRI at the time.

Thanks for all of your help.
Barb

Excellent! I'm glad that Nortel's 6.02 Software Release will provide ringtone to your customer's callers.

Thank you JimmyT and Barb for sharing this important software fix.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,858
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,669 Shoretel
189,591 CTX100 install
187,850 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 121 guests, and 265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024