web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#142930 04/14/09 12:14 PM
OP Offline
hey everyone, just signed up so this is my first post.. just thought i'd say a little 'hello' before asking my questions ;D

anyway, i have the great pleasure (/sarcasm) of taking over the phone systems here at my job. the system here has been here long before me and my knowledge is very little as far as phone programming (although from what i've done already, its not that hard) ... there is something i dont completely understand.

apparently our AA is on and we have System Answer and CCR both on. SA is set at 4 rings and CCR is set at 3 rings. as i was testing this, nothing happened after 3 rings, but after 4 rings, it went to a custom recording they had setup.

this leads me to believe that CCR is either not really on, or does nothing if SA is on.

any thoughts?

btw; i have this huge monstrosity here they call the System Coordinator Guide and im still trying to figure out the difference between the CCR and System Answer.. so pardon my newbie-ness.

NORTEL T7316E
Call Pilot 100

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Welcome to the board welcome

Could you please clarify what you mean by system answer (SA). The AA (auto-attendant) should be set to a pre-determined number of ringss. After the AA answers a CCR will play, if one is programmed.

The 7316e is the model of telephone on your desk. The 7316e will work on many Norstar systems.

The CP100 is the voicemail system you have,

Do you know what type of phone system you have? Is it a CICS, MICS, BCM? Also, if you could find out the software level of the system, that would be helpful.

If you need help to identify the type of system you have, you may contact any of the Moderators of this forum for assistance.

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
OP Offline
Originally posted by rich30529:
Welcome to the board welcome

Could you please clarify what you mean by system answer (SA). The AA (auto-attendant) should be set to a pre-determined number of ringss. After the AA answers a CCR will play, if one is programmed.

i was under the impression that SA and CCR were two differnt 'things' under AA. for example, when i go into F*xxxxxx > System Programming > AA > there is a choice for SA and CCR and both are enabled as i posted previously...

The 7316e is the model of telephone on your desk. The 7316e will work on many Norstar systems.

The CP100 is the voicemail system you have,

Do you know what type of phone system you have? Is it a CICS, MICS, BCM? Also, if you could find out the software level of the system, that would be helpful.

If you need help to identify the type of system you have, you may contact any of the Moderators of this forum for assistance.
i have absolutely NO clue what kind of phone system it is.. i didnt even know there were so many types. if you could tell me how to find out i'd be able to get that info to you first thing tomorrow morning.

thanks again rich for being so helpful! i'll also be able to find out more specifically what my boss wants me to do with this phone system.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
You might have a CICS with AA, but No Voice Mail.

AA & CCR are in fact 2 different things as you put it. AA answers, CCR direct where the call should go.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
OP Offline
Originally posted by MooreTel:
You might have a CICS with AA, but No Voice Mail.

AA & CCR are in fact 2 different things as you put it. AA answers, CCR direct where the call should go.
again, i just want to thank you guys for taking the time to help me out.

i actually do have voicemail, i know that for a fact.

the reason im so confused right now is that my CCR is set at 3 rings and AA is set at 4 rings.. but after 3 rings, nothing happens. after 4 rings, we get the custom recorded message that was recorded long before i was even here.. so what exactly does CCR even do?

also, i've been reading around and from my understanding, that custom AA greeting can only be recorded from one phone? so basically theres one phone that controls all of that?

and also, in the AA section of the system coordinator guide, it gives me features codes for certain things but i get a message that says "denied in admin" ... any clue what that means?

thanks!

Hello there,
First, CCR Tree doesn't have number of rings. Only AA does.
Second: CCR is a Tree which have a different branches to rich different Departments or Groups in the system by pressing one digit or have another Menu with another instruction.
Third: You can change Company Greeting from any 16 or 10 button phone in the system.
Fourth: In order to get rid of "denied in admin" you must know how to allow that feature for that extension in system Admin.
In previous post you said it is not (that hard)but obviously it is for you. You can't do set up Norstar without any knowledge and experience.I don't want discourage you but you better find local tech to help you out. It is not that easy let me tell you. Sometimes guys who've been in this field for 20-30 years can't figure things out and asking for help.

Denied in admin means the feature you are trying to use is not allowed on the phone you are using.

Programming of a CP is best done through the browser interface.

Auto-Attendant (AA) answers lines, "Custom Call Routing" (CCR) CCR does not. CCR is played after AA answers.

In addition to the AA in a Call Pilot, a CICS has a built in Auto-Attendant as well whcih should not be used with a Call Pilot and this may be where you are confused.

With all due respect, you are way over your head and at risk of causing more harm than good.

The information you are seeking is beyond the scope of this forum. Please read the TOS of this forum. I strongly suggest you hire a professional who will show the correct way to administer your telephone system.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,720 Shoretel
189,755 CTX100 install
187,919 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (nortelvoip, Toner), 114 guests, and 351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024