web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#14536 02/15/07 01:53 AM
Hi Coral once again I beg to differ take a look at Interactive Intelligence they have been in the Call Center business for over 12 years and have been deployed in some extremely large and complicated solutions and they work flawlessly.
As with everything you get what you pay for in most cases our customer benefits not only from the flexibilty and feature sets available with an IP PBX but also because we also insist on a network assesment and if they follow our recommendations they also end up with a more robust and stable data network, if they choose not to follow our recommendations we walk away because it isn't worth the headaches. It is not a lot of work, we used to specialize in server room cleanups compared to that this is a picnic. btw we are almost brothers in arms with Tadiran spinning off Pivot IP and buying Zultys Technologies ;)SIP can be a bandwidth hog but that is easily calculated and the benefits in most cases far outway the cost of data pipes, feel free to call me at anytime we have been running our company on sip trunks for two years 201-282-5222 This past year IPPBX sales were greater than TDM and this is only the beginning, like it or not VoIP i shere to stay and it is ready for prime time

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#14537 02/15/07 02:08 AM
Back to the original question, what advantage would running VoIP on the computer network give the customer over TDM on existing separate cabling?

It certainly wouldn't be cost, since VoIP systems are more expensive to purchase, maintain, and upgrade the existing data network to support it.

Joe
---
No trees were harmed as a result of this posting; however, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.
#14538 02/15/07 02:38 AM
They have already invested in QOS switches, the cabling will support VoIP and for a hundred user IPPBX with AA, Voicemail a simple ACD package and a few other enhancements you could get an Allworx which prices out extremely competitively against TDM, I don't get were you have additional expense in maintenance, in fact you would save money on MAC's and most IT guys/gals can handle all of the admin, not good news for the TDM guys because it means less visits from the guy with the little white van.

#14539 02/15/07 06:47 AM
Admin
Admin
How many TDM systems having recurring annuals licencse fees? I can upgrade the latest flash file to my TDM hybrid in 45 seconds. Many IP systems can take 2 hours to patch and upgrade. By installing patch panels or if the customer is savvy enough to use auto set relocation then the theory of the little white truck having to be dispatched is no longer valid. I price systems everyday and sell both TDM and VoIP solutions but unless you get into an * or similar open source box the TDM hybrid solution is always less expensive. How many small to medium businesses have in house IT support. Very few. But anybody with a pulse can move a patch cord from marked station ports to marked distribution cable. No IT guy/gal needed.

[Linked Image]
#14540 02/15/07 01:48 PM
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
We have installed some VOIP remote stations, and we actually tried a remote office (in town on TWC). Remote stations seem to work ok, but we could NEVER send a simple fax from our main office to the remote office. We eventually closed the remote office, although not because of the VOIP, which we were considering replacing with landlines. And, what provision is there in a straight VOIP system for alarm lines, elevator lines, and other critical calls that MUST work 24/7. VOIP has yet to impress me. A lot of the VOIP I've used has sounded like poor cell phone. I have a saying I like to use with my car-nut friends,'FLATHEADS FOREVER'. I guess for this forum it will have to be 'LANDLINES FOREVER'. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#14541 02/17/07 02:56 AM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Originally posted by RATHER BE FISHING:
I was in a Bank Of America branch today doing business. Noticed they had a new Cisco IP system instead of the old familiar Norstar system...Everyone in the office hates the system.
You must be mistaken Dave. The Cisco works much better than the old cranky Norstar. :rolleyes: https://eu.onevoice.comstor.com/ind...ion&id=8&Itemid=106&cid=1011

#14542 02/17/07 06:04 AM
Originally posted by RATHER BE FISHING:
How many TDM systems having recurring annuals licencse fees? I can upgrade the latest flash file to my TDM hybrid in 45 seconds. Many IP systems can take 2 hours to patch and upgrade. By installing patch panels or if the customer is savvy enough to use auto set relocation then the theory of the little white truck having to be dispatched is no longer valid. I price systems everyday and sell both TDM and VoIP solutions but unless you get into an * or similar open source box the TDM hybrid solution is always less expensive. How many small to medium businesses have in house IT support. Very few. But anybody with a pulse can move a patch cord from marked station ports to marked distribution cable. No IT guy/gal needed.
I don't know what systems you are referring to that take 2 hours to patch and upgrade I know for certain that the three we support take less than 10 mins and they can all be upgraded remotely. We still support TDM but don't sell it anymore. I do also know that for smb's we are extremely competitively priced against TDM using Allworx for larger and enterprise installations we are still competitive with Zultys and Interactive Intelligence but at this level it is really the feature set, integration and ROI that blows TDM away.

I am not going to flog a dead horse here you guys stick to what you do and I'll do my thing and let's come back and revisit in a year.

#14543 02/17/07 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Milestone:

I am not going to flog a dead horse here you guys stick to what you do and I'll do my thing and let's come back and revisit in a year. [/QB]
I heard that last year, and the year before.........

#14544 02/17/07 03:45 PM
I agree with some (most?) of the others in that we install VoIP solutions for remote office and home office locations, as well as PBX to PBX connectivity, but I still can't see the pro's over the con's in ANY situation where I'd want to install a pure IP system in an office location over traditional TDM?

I had a potential customer argue with me over theie needs (he researched online. He insisted that he NEEDED VoIP but couldn't tell me why other than it was easier to pull one cable. But pulling two and going digital was cheaper!?

Can a VoIP guru tell me when and why it is better?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
#14545 02/19/07 01:25 AM
Originally posted by grider:
Originally posted by Milestone:

I am not going to flog a dead horse here you guys stick to what you do and I'll do my thing and let's come back and revisit in a year.
I heard that last year, and the year before......... [/QB]
and you'll be hearing it next year too.....it's here to stay

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,871
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,717 Shoretel
189,755 CTX100 install
187,919 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 126 guests, and 327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024