Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
MICS 7.0

Anyone know of a feature code or other way to program a single button to pick up a call that has been parked? The customer only expects to ever park 1 call at a time (to 101) so I wanted to give them an easy way to get it back. Can't program a button to internal # 101 (that would be nice and clean, but not possible) and I don't seem to see any feature code to do the trick. Not a huge deal to hit I/C 101, just would be more convenient with a single button.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
No choice but to pick up the intercom and enter 101 as far as I know.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Admin
Admin
Wouldn't an external autodial programmed as "101" work?

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
If he only expects to ever have one call parked, could we infer that he has very few lines? If so, just make line appearances on the phones and press hold instead of park. Just press the held line instead of 101 to retrieve.

Jim

am I missing something? since the MICS tells the user where the call is parked, why not simply program the Call Park feature onto a memory button? i.e., use Feature-star-three to program Feature-74 onto a button?

not having a MICS in my building, I remoted-into one, tried this on the virtual 7310 (NRU, RAD). when I called in by telephone, I was able to Park my call using the button just programmed.

tell me what I'm overlooking...

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Originally posted by royb:
am I missing something? .........tell me what I'm overlooking...
You are overlooking the original post.
He wants a button to "Pick up a parked call".
You are giving info to "Park a call".

TONER - An external autodial is just that - for external call. 101 is an internal call.

technologyone: Since it is too much to press intercom 101, then follow YODA's advice.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
OP Offline
NTLayoff - It's not too much to press 101 and that is exactly what the users will do.

Yoda - Thanks, but appearances are not needed as appearances mean that the VM follows the CFB / CFNA rules of the sets. Lines are in a hunt group and need to stay there. They have 10 DID's on a PRI but even USUALLY know where users are.

I was only trying to make it easier on them as their old system (which is of course what anything different is compared to) was an Avay with POTS lines and individual line appearances for all lines (which didn't require HG to deal with VM handling issues).

Thanks for the advice all, but again it's no problem, they will just hit 101 and I will quit trying to fix what isn't broken.

You can use SWCA buttons programed on all phones to this.

That's what he doesn't want.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
He wants one button park. Put a SWCA button on everyones phone and push it. It's parked there for everyone to pickup with just a pust of one button. Thats what he said he wanted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,300
Posts638,879
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,778 Shoretel
189,855 CTX100 install
187,981 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
1 members (dans), 151 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024