Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
DavePEI Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi All:

It has been quite a while since I posted my message about the Millennium wall phone in my Museum. I never was able to get it operational for demonstrations in the museum, due to lack of a connection to Millennium Manager.

However, I have recently come upon two Millennium desk payphones. Now, differences between the wall and desk versions are: the desk version accepts only credit cards, and 2 (instead of the unlocking procedure necessary to begin programming on the wall sets)the desk sets require a programming interlock card to be inserted before programming.

I am looking for one of these cards. They are inserted into the card reader in the phone while programming them. Still, due to the lack of being able to make the phone active for demos, I won't be able to get the phone operational, but I can then default the phone, and at least get its display to show "Out of Service" as I have the wall phone doing.

The wall phone is shown on my site:
https://www.islandregister.com/phones/millenium.html

Please email me if you have one of these programming cards to spare!

Thanks,

Dave

The Telephone on Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

DavePEI Offline OP
OP Offline
Short Addendum to the above Post:

Does anyone know how the 24 vdc .5 amp power is run into these phones?

Externally there doesn't appear to be a place for power to be connected. I have two of these Millennium desk sets, and have a power supply to run it.

One has a 2 pair cord on it, with a cable type security wire running its length.

The other has a 3 pair cord on it.

Is it possible that power is brought in on one of those pairs? Or, does the power get run in via another wire to the interior of the phone, such as it does with its big brother, the Millennium wall payphone.

Any information on these anyone has would be appreciated. I realize to get them going 100% will be impossible - I do not have a connection to the Nortel/Quortech Millennium Manager. However, I would like to get them displaying well in the museum. They will not be used for calls outside the museum.

Dave

DavePEI Offline OP
OP Offline
Another update:

I have doped out the power connections to one of my two desk millenniums.

Each has different cables on it. The first is a two pair cable with traditional colours (red, green, black, and yellow), and has a security cable run along with the operational pairs. It culminates with spade lugs, and a ring lug for the security cable.

Red and green in this cable are of course the tip and ring. Black and yellow are the DC supply input. I use a Motorola POE supply (24 VDC, .5 amp) minus of course its POE connector. This is connected to the Black and Yellow pair. Getting polarity wrong isn't important - it will work only one way. When properly connected, a click should be heard, and the phone will boot up to the default "Out of Service" message.

The other type of cable which can be found on these it a standard 3 pair modular cable culminating in a modular connector.

Its first pair, Blue/Blue White are tip and ring. The second pair should be the power pair. I need to get a modular jack from the museum to confirm this, which I will do later today.

Still looking for the programming interlock card (for lack of a better name) for these phones.

I would love also to find programming instructions for these phones. I do not have a connection to the Millennium Manager as I won't be demonstrating the phone on an outside line in the museum,so I realize I can't get it to work normally.

Dave

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,892
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,840 Shoretel
189,962 CTX100 install
188,062 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (Skunky, JBean3329), 126 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024