web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a customer that recently had a startalk Vmail system that failed. They happened to have a used MICS 6.0 cabinet and a NAM 4.1.05 Vmail system that they had in storage. I replaced the old system with the newer system.

The customer called and said that they are not able to leave very short messages. example would be ( Bob call Mark ) they keep getting message is to short and they have to extend the message to atleast 5 or 6 seconds. They said that they never had to do this in the past with the older startalk. They also say that if a caller calls from the outside world and leaves the same short message it does not show up in the mailbox. I tested and it really does not appear in the mailbox and they do not get the message that it is to short since they have hung up the call.

I have looked in the manual and I can not see anything that I can do to correct this issue. I also tried it today at another customer that has a Call Pilot and I got the same message to short error on that system.

Any body ahve any ideas.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Bring a 6.1 or up to site and test.....6.0 is flaky!

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

OP Offline
Curly, You think the MISC software would effect the Voice mail? I was thinking it was a Vm,ail issue.

Version mismatch's can have an impact somehow or another.
When a version is known to be a glitch then I consider that a possible mismatch.

However I am not certain that is the issue, it was a suggestion off the top of my head knowing the above and doing so will answer the question if KSU or Mail side, then you can proceed to troubleshoot that one.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

OP Offline
Got it thanks.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,852 Shoretel
189,965 CTX100 install
188,072 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 18
teleco 7
dexman 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (Professor Shadow, nortelvoip), 131 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024