web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
krazie Offline OP
OP Offline
Guys, I have a TD1232 with a TVS50 attached. The customer is asking about custom service prompts. I have recorded an "we're closed for an emergency" message, but the only way there seems to be to activate it is from the terminal. Is there a way to do this over the telephone ? The customer would prefer to be able to do this themselves (and so would I laugh )

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

if the TD is , I think -5 and above, and the TVS is a later modle that has this feature- you can use PBX control to determin the CS played. use the Nite, Lunch or break mode for the Emergency mssg. Set VM to PBX control under System Administration- System Parameters- Time service

The easiest way to accomplish this may be to use a company greeting 1 for day and night. This would normally be some thing like "Thank you for calling ABC company" but you could change it when needed to say some thing else like "Thank you for calling ABC company, we're currently closed due to inclement weather". Then it would play your custom menu prompts. It's an easy way to split the greetings into 2 so you don't need to rerecord the whole thing to add in an emergancy message. You could also use Brokeda's suggestion to change the mode of the system so it will switch to a pre-recorded mode depending on the version of software your using.

tvs 50 has no company greetings

unless you are refering to custom dialing menus

Admin
Admin
We always turned off 248,249,250 and IIRC 817. The 817 prompt says "welcome to the Panasonic voice processing system". I guess you could turn it back on and record your emergency message in place of it.

Carl

yes and toggle on user one anywhere it said
system prompt.....

I actually have the the client record
over the "welcome to ....." to you have reached
company xxxx...full stop )then you you hit cdm 1) and good morning,afternoon,etc
please wait a moment... to your call is being transfered in the customers voice the whole thing knits together better I think

krazie Offline OP
OP Offline
Benb, could you shed some more light? Currently the attendant answers with a similiar message "thanks for calling ABC company" but my problem is I don't know what prompt number it is or anything. How can I check what prompts play when the attendant answers ? As always any help is greatly appreciated!

if you go to programming and select the utility
option , then use the P U T D option it will show you on your screen what the vm is doing
(be sure to turn off when done )

krazie Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks a lot! I will try it out as soon as I am on site again.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,723 Shoretel
189,765 CTX100 install
187,923 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 86 guests, and 316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024