Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Linker Offline OP
OP Offline
if you initilize the system, the system comes up with all lines on all phones, all phones ring and dial out with no restrictions.
in most cases all you would have to do is reprogram the time, and the day/nite ring.

Thanks for the comments..

I guess I was just looking for a short answer. Maybe there isn't one.. As I said, I'm a novice with the Panasonic, and I hesitate to re initialize the system, knowing that all the phones were individually setup in a station or user programming mode, other than the default system programming. Two companies / divisions are sharing the same phone system, but several of the phones have different line assignments for certain buttons. Certainly I feel more comfortable with the AT&T / Ayaya systems which I have the most experience with.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If you don't have the software or the password
to get into the system at least through the keypad or the edocs then you are really not going to be a lot of help to these guys?

"I always like to learn from my experiences like this. If I take your advise and call in a pro; of what value has my experience been?"

Well you learned that the panasonic does not program like the Avaya and I have to say at some point you read the manuals for those systems.

Linker Offline OP
OP Offline
I have the manuals, I have the passwords, which are the default xxxx. I just couldn't get into the system programming via Station Program 99 or User Programming **password.

I don't have any software.. Which I feel the original installers should have left, but It's difficult to ask the consumers to insist on something that they may not know even exists..

I'm constantly amazed at the significant investments made today in phone and computer systems by the chronically incapable consumers who just assume too much, and expect too little from their dealers.

Edited to remove default password.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
Originally posted by Linker:
The problem here is that any one of us could give you the exact steps to make this work in a reasonable amount of time. We could also interview the customer, default the system and have it reprogrammed in less time than fixing up someone else's work.

I always like to learn from my experiences like this. If I take your advise and call in a pro; of what value has my experience been?

If you will pardon my bluntness, I came here to get some answers from those who want to share their expertise on a [b]free
basis, not advise to contact others on a fee basis. [/b]
Linker,you may want to review the rules of the Forum here

2. Please do not post passwords or any other privileged information in the public forums (see Rules in link near the top of the page). As a rule of thumb, if the information is not in the users or administrators guide, do not post it in the forum. If you wish to relate such information in regard to a post, you should do this by sending a private message or an email to the poster.

3. The board is intended to assist two types of members, end users and professional telephone technicians (installers). If you are a novice or a do-it-yourself end user looking for advanced assistance with a system install, you should post your question with as much detail as possible and expect a response from a qualified installer who can take your issue off the board and answer your questions via private message, email or over the telephone. You should expect to pay a fee to compensate the installer for their time, experience and help. If the technician chooses to help you for free, that is totally up to the technician. You can also send a PM or email to any of the moderator(s) of the forum in which you need assistance if additional assistance is needed. Again, you should expect to pay for any technical assistance offered.

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Admin
Admin
I have the manuals, I have the passwords, which are the default xxxx. I just couldn't get into the system programming via Station Program 99 or User Programming **password.

I don't have any software.. Which I feel the original installers should have left, but It's difficult to ask the consumers to insist on something that they may not know even exists..

I'm constantly amazed at the significant investments made today in phone and computer systems by the chronically incapable consumers who just assume too much, and expect too little from their dealers.
Let's start this again. You say the password is at default, so you walk to the phone connected to station jack 01, press PROGRAM and the password which is NOT the one you're using, and the system will go into programming mode.

PROGRAM 99 absolutely works from every jack. Sometimes, we used to put the first extension on a jack in the back room to program the switch without making the attendant have to leave their workstation.

So let's review. If you want to get into SYSTEM programming, go to the first station and press PROGRAM and password. If you want to get into MANAGER'S programming, go to the phone, usually at jack 4 and press PROGRAM and the password you were trying. From any jack, press PROGRAM 99 and you can remap buttons.

This information is in the first page of my Programming section of the manual (actually 10 and 14 with cute little headings like Extension used for programming and Entering the programming mode). BTW, visit 400 in the programming, because the original installer didn't.

Now, regarding the "software". Tell me what you need it for, to program your "ONE" system? The TD dealer was not obligated, and in fact was prohibited, from giving the software away. Everything an end user needs to do, albeit slow, can be done from a display phone, some of it easier. Very seldom do I drag a laptop out to do anything but put names in speed call directories, or change extension names, and that would only be if I had to change mroe than 10.

you tell me when there was a huge gitch in Avayas
acs 6 or 7 that they made the patch available to anyone but ther certified dealers .

and I am going to say one last thing on your problems.... every system I've sold in the td range above a td 308 and a 816(I have a total of 10 of them out there because they were a waste
because most of my customers had more than 10 exts out of the box) untill the kx-198 came out has a modem in it and there would be no need for a wannbee to even get involved I do all dial in's for free while I am talking to the customer so I get it right the first time I am sure that the vendor that put the system in was not a certified dealer if he or she was you wouldn't be there !!

Edited to remove default password in quote.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Actually, it's Program, then *# plus the system programming password. Maybe that's the problem here.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,708 Shoretel
189,747 CTX100 install
187,913 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024