Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
AAA Offline OP
OP Offline
I have customer who has a Panasonic KX-TA624 phone system installed in their home. They have two to three incoming phone lines (CO1-CO3). I installed a Sentex Crown Jewel callbox on the exterior of their property. In order to distinguish the callbox from an incoming call the Crown Jewel has to operate in a “NO TELCO” mode. In this mode the Crown Jewel will generate its own line voltage and a double ring tone making it distinct. I tried to connect the output of the Crown Jewel to CO4 on the KX-TA624 and there was no response on the Panasonic’s end when a ring tone was generate from the Crown Jewel.

My questions are:

I found the manual for the KX-TA624 all over the web but is there a manual for the KX-TA624 control box?

Does CO4 input need to be programmed to recognize the incoming line and therefore what phones to output that signal to?

Can this be done via software?

Here is the link to the Crown Jewel although its not much help to a Telco person:

Programming manual (Page 30 of the PDF for NO TELCO MODE)
https://www.liftmaster.com/consumerweb/pdfdocs/6001141.pdf

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Put a test set on the T/R and see if it is putting out the correct ring voltage for the CO.

You will have to program the CO on the Panasonic for access and ringing.

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
i'dd plug a plain old 2500 set or telephone or buttset into the box and check results can you talk to gate does the phone ring . I seem to remember that a filtered 24vdc or 48vdc talk battery power supply was required in series with the gate box to work properly at one of our 624 sites

AAA Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks to trunkslammer I finally found the manual that had more details about the control box. It says that C04-6 are optional. How the heck do I find out about the options installed/not installed. I was probably hooking up to a "dead" input.

I did but my buttset on the end of the line coming from the callbox (which was a cat5e twisted pair direct burial with no splices about 250'). I heard it ringing, but when I picked it up the person couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear them. My buttset could have been on mute a rookie mistake. I forgot to test voltage but I am sure that will tell me alot.

What is a "filtered 24vdc or 48vdc talk battery power supply". Do you have a link?

Anybody in Dallas that could knock this out for me in a couple of hours?

if there is a co port to plug into than the option is fitted

the system comes with 3 x co and 8 x extensions once expanded will be equiped 6 x co ( left side) and 16 exts (right side)
if your customer only had 3 lines prier to install of Crown Jewel equipment it is most likly that co4-co6 are set as disable ( prog 400 Co connect )
easy to test unplug line 1 from system and replace with your Crown Jewel equipment and activate. if the system rings its the line setup on line 4 to 6 ( prog 400 Co connect )and dil 1 -n settings if it doesnt ring its the Crown Jewel equipment

Peter (www.vpi.ie)

AAA Offline OP
OP Offline
peter,

You rule! There are CO ports in 4-6 and 8 more ext plugs. I never thought to plug into CO1.

You have to forgive me though and I will look it up in the manual however, what does ( prog 400 Co connect ) entail?

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Originally posted by AAA:
What is a "filtered 24vdc or 48vdc talk battery power supply".
The power to provide a talk path between two points must be clean DC, usually between 24 and 48 volts nominal. AC cannot be used because of the noise, almost a loud buzzing. Even DC still has shades of AC noise, so it must be filtered to provide a crystal clear talk path. This is accomplished in the power supply by using a network of capacitors to smooth out the AC hum.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Follow-up on Ed's post, Valcom 624 power supply comes to mind as a 24VDC talk battery supply. Bogen and Wheelock also make a comparable unit, and so do a lot of other companies. Locally, try Graybar or other supply house for the items mentioned. OR, click the "Equipment" tab up at the top of the page. (Whoa, what a concept, support the provider!) John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
AAA Offline OP
OP Offline
can any on the CO's have a distinctive ring independent of the other CO's?

AAA, your looking for field 128.
The programming is explained in detail on page 29 of the programming manual.
As for what's actually available, check out section 2.2.1 of your feature manual.
==================
MrG

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,867 Shoretel
189,985 CTX100 install
188,103 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 6
teleco 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Keyset6), 117 guests, and 33 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024