Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#161407 02/17/08 06:37 AM
cctech Offline OP
OP Offline
I am working with a customer who has a Cisco system in his home to connect to his company phone system. He also has a Kxta 824 in the home .He wants to be able to intercom his wife from the Cisco system in the office to the 824 system in the house.I connected port 108 on the 824 to a port that the Cisco guy provided and we were able to intercom a station but not able to talk back and forth. I have been told that you can connect a line port to achieve this but when we connected to a vacant line port it did not work. The Cisco guy wanted to know what digits the 824 was sending. I have no idea. My question is does anyone have a clue about how to set this up and what digits does the panasonic 824 send if any. I know this is a technical question but maybe someone understands what I need. The Cisco guy seems to think that with the right digits he can make it work. Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#161408 02/17/08 06:55 AM
CC, this port that was provided to you by the Cisco Kid, is it basicly seen as an SLT?
Can you intercom 108 from another extension and ring the Crisco set?
From the Crisco set can you dial and ring another station on the TA824?
If you can do this then all you need is the page & pick up codes.
As for the TA CO port, it's not going to put anything out, the CO port is looking for an input.
======================
MrG

#161409 02/17/08 07:30 AM
cctech Offline OP
OP Offline
My understanding is that the Cisco is providing a co port.
We could intercom from the Cisco to the TA824. I am not sure if it was done from the 824 to the Cisco. Whichever it was they were not able to talk back and forth. The party that received the call could hear but could not talk back. Also the next day the system would hang up calls after the second ring. After the Cisco guy turned off the CO port this stopped.
When you say page and pickup codes are you talking about 33*. I think that we tried sending that and all the phones would light up but not ring.

#161410 02/17/08 12:02 PM
Couldn't you take a CO port from each system connected to an SLT port on the other system? On the 824 you press a CO key and draw intercom tone from the Cisco, allowing you to dial a Cisco extension and vice versa. I've done this with other system combinations (Panasonic - Nortel, Panasonic - Partner, etc.)

#161411 02/17/08 12:05 PM
CC, you need to find out if the Crisco port is treated as a CO line or is like a SLT.
If it's treated as a CO then the Ring probably isn't high enough and/or once it does ring there is no talk battery. In other words, maybe it will generate a ring but after that there is no battery for the talk path.
If possible, have him set this up as though it's an SLT and put it into a station port.
If that's what you want then just prove it works fine with your buttset and the rest is his problem.
==================
MrG

#161412 02/17/08 02:24 PM
cctech Offline OP
OP Offline
I think what kevhawk is describing is what they are trying to do. However they keep asking what digits the 824 is sending from the port when it intercoms. Mr Gemini's answer is what I think is happening because they can talk one way but not the other. I am inclined to believe that they are hung up on digits and therefore are missing something obvious. Anyway if you guys don't know anything about digits being sent from the ports on the 824 then I am pretty sure that it is their problem. Thanks for the giving me the basic idea about how it should work. I am sure I will be able to use it at some point.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,905 Shoretel
190,030 CTX100 install
188,226 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 63 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024