Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#170934 12/11/01 07:02 AM
ddi Offline OP
OP Offline
I am trying to set up music on hold to my Digital 400 system. The connection is from a CD Player to the MOH jack on the card. Is there a setting in the software that I have to enable to get MOH to work. I know the CD player works through the headphones, but when I plug it in to the system, I hear nothing on hold.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#170935 12/11/01 07:32 AM
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
You have to assign voice channels on the MPD card. Go to your System Configuration (press enter) to Background music and MOH (press enter) then assign a feature for BGM (press enter) then enter 2 under BGM Voice Channel (press enter) then assign 1 to MOH voice channel (press enter) then load into system.
If its already there then you probably have the RCA in the wrong plug, as you know there are two plugs one for BGM and one for MOH.
Hope this helps
dtmf

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited December 11, 2001).]

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
#170936 12/11/01 07:52 AM
ddi Offline OP
OP Offline
Where do you go in the system to set that? We went to Online Config.->BGM and MOH.

In that screen our MOH is assigned a DN of NONE, and a Voice channel of 1.
Our BGM is assigned a DN of Feat 26 and a Voice Channel of 2.

One of the RCA jacks that was hanging out of the system is spliced into the cord that was on the Headphone set that came with the CD Player, then the 1/8" mini plug is going into the CD Player. This is the way that the people that the people that sold us the system told us to do it...is this a good way??

#170937 12/11/01 08:05 AM
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
From what your telling me it is already programmed. If you have two RCA going into the mini plug for your CD then you will hear the same music on both BGM and MOH. or you can have two different music sources. Go ahead and plug both of them in two the RCA,s on the MPD.It should give you music for hold as well as BGM,( the feature 26 is for BGM on your phone sets )the MOH shouldn't have a DN just you BGM should. If you only have one RCA to your mini plug then change it two the other plug on your MPD and try the MOH. Yes you can splice a RCA the mini if you don't have Mini to RCA plug , it will work fine.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited December 11, 2001).]

#170938 12/11/01 10:49 AM
ddi Offline OP
OP Offline
I think that if the system is programmed right, there must be something wrong with our splicing. We aren’t interested in using the BGM, only MOH. We were told by the people that sold us the system that we had to use the RCA’s they provided. I asked about an RCA to mini cable and they said it wouldn’t work on the system. I am tempted to try it though. Would I buy a Stereo mini to RCA or a mono? The CD Player headphone jack is stereo, but if I buy a stereo one, there will be a left and right RCA…which one do I plug in to the system? If I buy a mono one, will I get any sound?
Should this be this hard? I was told all we have to do is plug it in and go?!?

Thanks for all your help!!!!

#170939 12/11/01 03:41 PM
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Use whatever your music source sends. A mini to a RCA will work, I don't know why they told you that.

#170940 12/12/01 06:37 AM
ddi Offline OP
OP Offline
IT WORKS!!!!

Thanks for all the HELP!!!

#170941 11/12/04 09:17 AM
I apologize in advance if this is an obvious question, but I have little to no previous experience with these types of systems.

Anyway, my boss has requested me to look into adding modem on hold music to our Telrad phone system.

I can see what appears to be a couple of RC jacks on the back of the MPD card, and a module that has the word music stamped on it on the OCD card.

However, before stumbling across this board, I have been unable to find anything about how to actually set this up. Unfortunately, our software version is OLD. We are running version 4.5, and the instructions listed above do not appear to work for our software version. (unless I'm missing something entirely.)

Any help in where I could find info, or just giving me the dang answer [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] would be greatly appreciated.

If I need to supply any additional information, please let me know.

#170942 11/12/04 10:29 AM
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">adding modem on hold music</font>
Is that a modem or Music on hold. The modem is a module that piggy backs on the OCD card. The MOH is a couple of jacks on the MPD (one for MOH and one for BGM) Music on hold and Background Music. Music is feed through the jacks on the MPD and is programmed in System Programming. We are talking about the digital system....right?

------------------
| Need a Telephone | Telephone Installers

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,852
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,659 Shoretel
189,562 CTX100 install
187,845 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 142 guests, and 264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024