web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#172236 08/13/04 08:39 AM
OP Offline
We have a very old system. My User Guide says May 1994. I am not a tech so please speak slowly [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] My problem is we juse recently hired several new employees. Our tech office sent me old Telrad phones to use. I can not get any of them to work. They all just keep flashing Out of Sync. I know in the past I've just held down the # and * keys while plugging in the phone and then it asks for the DN but it's not working. Any thoughts??

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#172237 08/13/04 08:51 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Do you have the programming software for the system? You need to make sure you have the correct type phone that is programmed for the port. Also make sure (if your using 2 phones per port) the jacks are wired the same. If you need you can contact me by email or phone info in profile.

#172238 08/13/04 08:58 AM
OP Offline
I don't have access to the software. Apparently our system is so old that there is only one person in the whole area and he's 2 states away that can work on the programming end.

I do only have one phone per port. My tech people told me these are the correct phones. I have made 2 of them work, just can't get the other 2 working.

I am at a complete loss. I just went and unplugged one of our newer phones and tried to plug it into one of the new ports and I can't make that work either.

#172239 08/16/04 01:21 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Ok it maybe your phones or the ports on the ELD card. If you power down the system and pull the MPD card out there is a memory cartridge on it and it should have the software level labeled on it. I have the software, whatever the level, in a programming kit on my web page so does DTMF see one of our profiles for the address. This will let you do the programming on your own system you dont have to wait for the guy 2 states away. You have 2 phones (or more working)now look on the back of the phone and make sure the phones are the same model. If they are put one of the ones you cant get working at the location that is working and see if it comes up. That will tell us if the phone itself is bad. Then put the working phone in the nonworking location see if it comes up. This will tell us if the port is bad. All of this is based on your statement you are running 1 phone per port. When you do single auto path and run 2 phones per port you have to find both phones on the port and unplug both. I have another customer in Billings that has Telrad.

#172240 08/16/04 02:27 AM
flip the 2nd pair in the phone jack, your polarity is wrong

#172241 08/16/04 10:28 AM
OP Offline
Ok, I switched off our whole system this morning. One of the phones is now in sync but the other isn't. I switched the working phone with the non working phone and the non-working phone goes into sync when it's plugged into the other jack and the working phone goes out of sync when plugged into the other jack. So that means it's not the phone itself, correct?

jmalez, sorry I'm completely clueless when you say flip the 2nd pair. Sorry to be to ignorant!

Tonight after everyone goes home I'm hoping to be able to shut down the phones again and pull that memory card.

Thank you all for all your help and advice!!!

#172242 08/16/04 04:02 PM
Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
Don't pull the mpd. If the battery is bad you'll loses the whole program if the system is old (do this as a last resource) try getting into the system with any prgram and check system utilltys. If you buy the wrong one I'm sure they will send you the right one free on charge but you would have to check with them first. I would buy the pcpsb3 if you have 16-button sets. Pcpsb2 if you have 8-button sets. Pcpsb3 is the most commond. You can connect to check the software level with either on the older systems. Try flipping the pair on the yellow and black on the jack. Also look at a pass message there was a guy with the same problem not to long ago.

[This message has been edited by tony3866 (edited August 16, 2004).]

#172243 08/17/04 12:43 AM
Administrator
Administrator
MT
Your on the right track. You know the phones are good and if the other posters would read your orginal post and see you only have 1 phone per port reversed yellow/black pair would not be the problem.
Do you have more the one ELD in the system? You can try changing them if you do. You can change them hot (power on) but the phones connected to them will of corse go down. And if your worried about the battery on the memory cartridge being bad as the last post made reference to you would have known it long ago as every Telrad Digital does as warm boot card check every day at 1am. So power down and check for the software level on the memory cartridge that way you can order you programming kit and have the correct software the first time.

#172244 08/24/04 10:29 AM
your phones run off of 2 pairs of wires on the telephone jack, the 2nd pair (yellow/black or white/orange) this is your power pair, if it is reversed expecially if you have more than one phone on the port you will get an out of sync message on the display of the phone

#172245 11/06/04 06:37 AM
I realize that the last reply was 2+ months ago, and that by now, MTWALLEYE has long since either found the problem or given up, but this sounds like an experience I had and for the sake of discussion, here is what I learned.

First, in my Digital400 system, power to the phones is applied between the two pairs, not across any one pair. You will see 48 volts between any wire in pair one and any wire in pair two, but zero volts between wires in the same pair. Thus, at least in my system, there really isn't one pair that is the "power pair".

I had a situation with two phones that had "out of sync" problems, too. In this case, the two phones were both on the same port. The first phone to be plugged in would work fine. But as soon as the second one was plugged in, the first one would reset and then fail to initialize, and the second phone would flash "out of sync" on the display. It wasn't unique to either phone, but instead, to the order in which the phones were plugged in.
The problem turned out to be a "home built" line cord that I had gotten hold of that had been assembled with one of the RJ11 plugs flipped over. This acts the same as if one of the two phone jacks has it's pairs flipped. If you make your own line cords (I don't!), beware!

Larry

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,654 Shoretel
189,545 CTX100 install
187,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 160 guests, and 281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024