Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#177716 05/31/04 08:15 AM
OP Offline
Hello Everyone,

I have a DK40i system and have always been lost with it. The control was always in the hands of the servicing company and they do horrible with the idea of "service". Right now I simply want to change the main greeting (auto attendant, I think is the correct name) and cant seem to find the codes to set that up. I have any extension 200 and 500 which are more the general VM, but they dont seem to have the methods for chaning the main message.
I also know that most of this stuff can be controlled from a computer by hooking into the interface, I just wondered how complex that is and how hard it would be to start doing changes like that on my own.

Thanks for the help

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#177717 05/31/04 11:10 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
It is very easy to re-record your own greetings. Typically, Mailbox 990 answers the line, that would be your initial greeting. For example. "Thankyou for calling XYZ Company". Then control flows to mailbox 991 for the instructions. "You may enter you extension at any time or press 1 for this or 2 for that."

Those are the two greetings that you are dealing with. Do you know if the voicemail system is external to the system or is it a card that has been inserted into the expansion cabinet?

As far as doing your own programming, you would need the Stratagy Admin software and cable.

#177718 06/01/04 04:27 AM
I would suggest getting together with one of the modertors on this board, SSPhone or Martin, and have them help you out on programming over the phone. It should be very cost effective for you and will save you the headache of trying to figure out programming on the system, which is not simple or user-friendly.

#177719 08/19/04 11:15 AM
Hey Everyone,
Two questions
1. I have a dk40I system, and the installer in my area is a complete putz. He spends all day here on one issue, with more time on the phone calling support than helping me. So, I am trying to learn on my own. My issue now is that I have to add an extension to our system. I ran all the lines, and everything is connected properly, but I still get no power to the phone and no dial tone. I am assuming that there is something you have to set up in the programming to recognize the extension, but reading thru that book is crazy. Please help!!!

2. I notice everyone saying we can call various members for live (paid) support. I dont see any contact numbers, and as I am new to this forum, I was hoping someone could help.

Thanks
Mike

#177720 08/20/04 02:19 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Mike
Check the profile for contact info. The icons above the post. Also look for Moderator under the user name to be sure your getting someone who will be fair and know there stuff.
Lets see if we can help with your problem here first. When the system was installed were the blocks marked with the port or ext numbers on them? I have to wonder if this was your 1st are the connections correct. The DKT2000 series phones are single pair phones and the main cabinet DK40 can have 8 digital phones. Is the new phone being added in the main cabinet?

#177721 08/20/04 10:01 AM
kEUKAVLY, how did you know what type of Voicemail he has? Sounds like MVX mailboxes.

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
#177722 08/20/04 11:45 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Bill look at the date on that post it was back in May. A new user posted here but then started a new thread

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,694 Shoretel
189,715 CTX100 install
187,901 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Andyreed, justbill, newtecky, Yoda), 87 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024