web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
alfee Offline OP
OP Offline
I've encountered a case where customer has more than 40 analogue lines and 100+ extensions (95% SLT), with more than 16 managers, each having 1 direct line. How do I assign each manager to call out using his/her own direct line? Via LCR?

Using a code to access a particular OLG just won't cut it.

- alfee -
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
You get only 16 lcr groups and 16 frl levels so neither option will work for you. However, you get 32 OLG indexes. What you might be able to do, if you don't need to perform internal calls or features, is to assign each trunk to its own OLG index, create a flex code to access each index and then program the ringdown option for each slt to access the respective index. So, when the slt user goes offhook, he is instantly given that trunk. Again, this will prevent the user from making internal calls or accessing internal features of the CTX. But what you really should do is get them on a couple of T1s with DID routing.

alfee Offline OP
OP Offline
Here, we use ISDN PRI or BRI with the DID, and that would be the ideal situation for this customer.

Thanks for your reply. Can you elaborate on how to get a trunk immediately when SLT goes offhook? I'm familiar with Winadmin, but not come across something like that.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

- alfee -
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
You can have a slt go offhook and immediately seize a trunk by using the ringdown feature under station assignments. But first make a flexible dialing code that directly accesses an OLG. Then in the ringdown section, input that code in the destination field.

I haven't used it as a ringdown, but the code for direct trunk access is (default)#7+trunk number.

When they pick up the phone, they would have their own trunk, but could not call internally.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
I wasn't referring to the direct trunk access code #7. You will need to create a flexible acces code for direct OLG access which is different than the direct trunk access. And I did mention that the user will not have access to internal calling or features if you do use the ringdown feature to seize a trunk.
This is fine for fax machines and modems, but not necessarily for slt users.

Sorry, I didn't mean to overstate what you had already covered (IE that the user would not have access to internal calls).

As far as ringdown, as was trying to bring an alternative method. Instead of OLG, each phone would access an individual truck.

Of course you could just wire the line directly to the analog SLT and not use the switch at all.

BTW, sometimes (haven't tried it on Toshiba yet) you can hook flash and get tone to dial internally.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,319
Posts638,945
Members49,778
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,237 Shoretel
190,465 CTX100 install
188,918 1a2 system
Newest Members
igor11176, hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310, PeterG
49,778 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
lyte 4
whoami 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (ffej010), 148 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024