web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
hello, i have a stratagy dk 4 port w/ a notebook storage media. I have this idea to convert the storage to flash by using a sff 44 pin notebook adapter to a cf card. my only question is what is the write frequency of this voicemail? does it write to the hd constantly will this kill my flash? Has anyone done this b4 and has any tips? I'm looking to catch it b4 the hd fails it is quite old.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Administrator
Administrator
Do yourself a favor. By a IVP8 the Stratagy DK with a Flash instead of HD. Then take the rest of the day off and go fishing. Why kill yourself on something that has been do for you by the manufacture?

OP Offline
SSPhone, Man would i love too but I don't have it in my budget for that.

The IPV8 can anyone tell me what is on the flash on these units, is it the same file system you would find on the old hd version

Why not just buy a new notebook HD and clone the old one?

Joe
---
No trees were harmed as a result of this posting; however, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.
OP Offline
well yea that was one of my thoughts too but to backup that system takes forever over a serial cable. so that takes me to flash, or a microdrive that i can pull out easily and pop in to another machine and ghost it as a backup. Micro drive will solve the issue w/ the eventual death of the flash but it is still spinning media. And the fact of the ivp8 has a big honking cf card on it I'm wondering if they just dumped the same file system on to it as they did in the hd systems.

I noticed that there is a post where someone refers to a flash converted stratagy and i have seen some kits on the web has anyone used one before and knows what comes with the kit.

from what i'm seeing it is just a basic fat 16 part. on the disk running rom-dos from daylight. from my poking around the only thing that i have seen that seams to update is the stratagy.log and the vm db's and messages. The stratagy.log only writes a few changes every so often and i believe that if i # that line out in the config it will disable that loging but i have not tried that yet.

I'm going to pick appart the stratagy.bat tomorrow and see what the schedule maint does when it runs every week.

Sure really would like to know what is on the flash of the ivp8 or if anyone has done this to the card i have now before.

IVP8's run ROMDOS by datalight not real DOS. If you want to attempt this get yourself a Lexar or Toshiba as this is being used by certain mfr's for there VM's. The vm is not constantly writing to the drive but CF is alot more prone to corruption on power fails/fluctuations.

Pat Austin
Teleco Inc.
Product Manager/Sales Engineer
Adtran ATSP
TCTE/CTP Certified

Teleco Homepage
I have a similar problem, I have a stratagy voicebrick that I need to reload the CF on... Where can I get the appropriate software to do this? I have a CF slot in my work computer, if that makes it easier.
Edit: Forgot to mention that I have the Stratagy R3 Admin software, and null modem cable.

Thanks!

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,625 Shoretel
189,517 CTX100 install
187,775 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (pvj, dexman), 147 guests, and 329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024