Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Skip, the thing about S/L phones is that they are CHEAP! Throw it away and go to wallyworld, kmart, or your favorite discount phone sales place. They should fail from abuse before they die a 'discount' death. That's what we did for phones in the indoor pool area at motels. Between the plain old waterdrips, HIGH humidity and chlorine in the air, new phone every 6 months,with jack. And lots of extra cable store in the wall. Cut off 2-3 inches of cable, replace the jack and phone, and hand the manager a bill! smile OR, teach the maintanance guy how to take care of it. frown (Dang, no return on that idea! But, you do make friends with management! Ya gotta give to get. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Have to agree with John on this one. Go with the SL phones. If you use the quality ones i.e. 2500 sets they stand up better and if you use the cheap ones they are an easy replacement. I have the same situation in a couple of auto dealerships.
The shop guys just aint going to wash their hands before picking up the phone. Chuck

One Idea:
Coat the handset in a rubberized coating so it bounces better. You can get a can of it for like $5 at an auto parts store.

Or best bet just sell them a couple extra handsets like what was said earlier, I mean thier only like $12 with a cord.

$12 w/cord our cost! You got to make a few bucks on the handset, and if you're not selling handset cords for 5 bucks, your gonna go broke being a nice guy. "Nice Guys Finish Last" Customer can buy a throwaway for $12 @ Wallyworld and all kinds of other places. And no service charge! If he WANTS you to take care of it, refurbed 2554, and service charge is going to cost him.......... $100.00 if he's lucky. Show him the numbers and he'll do it himself. If he won't you'd better see if you can buy a piece of his business, he must be makin' money hand over fist! Or he's about to go broke, and you don't want him to do it owing you! smile John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
i have done a couple of restaurants, on nortel systems i put an ATA on the extension and install an old 554 with a METAL hookswitch. i use a payphone style receiver with an armored cord anchored to the wall. works very well

Jay, a recovering IT guy
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Jay, you took the words right out of my mouth, but you need a 2554 (T-Tone.)

Ici, Quebec savoir faire, I guess!

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
well the 554s work well with the atas as well and make for good jokes. i have an old western electric explosion proof phone that would be good in a kitchen if you want.

the armored payphone receivers can be had for 15$

Jay, a recovering IT guy
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,735 Shoretel
189,799 CTX100 install
187,938 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 102 guests, and 314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024