web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
Our local dealer was pricey, not fixing all issues during visits, and giving us huge wait times for service calls.

I appealed to them to provide us with software and manuals for self-service options, and they provided us with:

Network eManager: V5.20B12B

and 3 PDF manuals:

Strata CIX Programming Manual Volume 1
Software Release 5.2
(Aug 2008)

Strata CIX Programming Manual Volume 2
Stratagy ES Voice Mail Application Release 5
(Jan 2007)

Strata CIX Programming Manual Volume 3
Application Implementation
(Jul 2008)

It seemed like a fairly current bundle but during the install I hit LOTS of inconsistencies between the "Volume 1" manual and the software. In each instance it seemed like the software was newer than the manual.

After many searches I gathered the default community name and passwords (dealer did not provide those). I now have eManager working and connected to the CIX, and it works in StratNet mode also.

However when I attempt to look at anything to do with voice mail I find the instructions referring to screens I've never seen and I cannot find anything even close to those options in the eManager software.

If I try to connect directly to the SES with the "Connect to Client SES only" option in eManager I get the default error:
Connection failed!
[SES-ERR-0002] Login error 8704 url=192.168.254.253 user=Administrator

Looking that up online I see that's typical as we may not have that option?

So I'm sitting here wondering if we have the wrong manuals, old manuals, the wrong software, or missing software?

Any help is greatly appreciated. (I'm battling IE's security settings right now to get the eManager system help docs to load.)

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Well I tore out IE, installed a portable copy of IE7, ripped that out, installed a portable copy of chromium, ripped that out, installed IE7 normally again, which put me right back to square one. Those help files seem to be a server side issue, not a browser issue. Anyone with eManager having the same issues going into the help system?

What model StratagyES do you have? Emanager only works on standalone pc models. The in-skin unit has it's own admin program.

Pat Austin
Teleco Inc.
Product Manager/Sales Engineer
Adtran ATSP
TCTE/CTP Certified

Teleco Homepage
OP Offline
This is from the eManager main screen.

Equipment Version: AR4.12 MN201.00

That tells you the software level of the processor of phone system. This is not telling you anything about the voicemail, The voicemail is a completely independant system. It could be a PC in a rack, or on the floor, or a shelf, OR it could be a card inside the phone system.

if you know that there is not a new PC in the phone room, open up the cover of the phone system and look for a voicemail card that says Sratagy IES.

I will bet that you have an IES, which requires different software to administer it, as mentioned above.

OP Offline
LVMU1?

It's the last card in our phone cabinet and it has a card with one RJ10-12 jack on it?

I have the feeling you're right, and we just weren't given all the apps we need.

You will need a different software package to access that voice mail, and a different program manual. This software is completely independant from e-manager.

Nice part is that most of the day to day maintance can be done over the phone.

OP Offline
Hmm where should I dig for self help options or do I need to go and start bugging the local dealer again?

My burning issue right now is changing the # of rings when we have the phones in "day mode" (We hit Ext 108 and key in 1 for "day mode" and 3 for "night mode"). As it stands, after our last visit from the local dealer, we've got night mode set to answer on the 4th ring and day mode apparently wasn't setup for answering on the 6th ring as it just rings endlessly. We were told it'd work later on and so we let the guy go before he had it demonstrated as working.. frown

LVMU also needs a different connector as it does not connect to the network. You need a 6-wire cable and a RJ-12 to DB9 adaptor, which is called a PPTC-9 from Toshiba.

The good news or you is that the ringing is setup in the phone ssystem with emanager. The voicemail admin will help you with what happens after the voicemail answers, such as menus, reseting codes,resetting voicemail boxes and typing user names. Much of this can be done by calling into a special admin voicemail box.

OP Offline
So it's just a serial (9600 8 N 1 ?) interface?

Sounds a lot like the RJ-12 to DB9 Hotel adapters for Squirrel I used to make up and this seems to be all the info I need to make one (love these forums):
https://www.sundance-communications.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/11/t/001717.html
?

But you're saying that getting sent to that voice mail is entirely controlled by eManager?

That's where I need to work first; getting the # of rings until daytime callers are transfer to VM set to a reasonable # of rings. We really can't be in a panic each time the phone rings during the day.

Thanks for all the help so far. Really looking forward to getting this under control. wink

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,368 Shoretel
189,049 CTX100 install
187,409 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 383 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024