Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#207423 04/02/03 06:31 AM
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
OP Offline
A customer of ours had a power outage for more than what his On-Line UPS could handle--so the system went down for some time (about 1/2 hour) When it came back up---everything was fine except that EX 107 --the last port on the first card is now Ex 134---a station port that wasn't programmed nor even had a supportive card We checked Flash 51 (I think) and saw that the system now sees that the location where 107 should be---is now 134 and vice-versa. What is the easiest way I can get Ex 107 back to where it's supposed to be. We tried a power-down and changed to a different card---but to no avail. It seems like there is corrupted data. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance. Maybe my manual is missing some pages---but I don't see any port/extension programming nor a reset that can fix any corrupted data. I seem to have seen that years ago, but not now.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Will Flash 80--button 8 do me any good? --or does that default everything? The book calls that a reset but in the same breath indicates "customer specific data" will need to be reprogrammed. Also that it will initialize all "non-programmable parameters".
What are those? It certainly seems different than the Button 1 option.

I stll have not found a program to swap the extension numbers back.

A6 Offline
You don't want do a reset of anything in the Flash 80 command. If you do, you default all programmed entries in that database.

As you know extensions don't change on a power outage. If they do, it should default to original parameters.

Is it possible someone accidently dialed the swap extension command? I have had customers do this by not grabbing an outside line before they dial out.

You can try going to the original extension 107 (which is now 134) and enter in 636+107 and see if it swaps. You may have to unplug the phone after the command to reset the phone.

You made mention to Flash 51. I think you mean Flash 52. You should be able to get into Flash 52, probably button 1 to see the extensions. You should be able to do a 08107 and get the extension back to 107. If you use this, you should also make sure the inband vm value is also changes (page b, button13). Whenever you change the value in Flash 52, it only changes the extension number only, none of the port specific values.

[This message has been edited by A6 (edited April 05, 2003).]

Tip and ring, the work of the devil!
A6 Offline
You also asked about "customer specific data" on a flash 80 reset.

What this means is when a system is started from ground zero, it has a default database of values. Whenever you change something like button values, ie. dss key to a speed dial key, you are changing the data base. This is "customer specific data" from the default data.

Tip and ring, the work of the devil!
OP Offline
Thanks A6----I'll try that extension swap Monday. That makes more sense than the power outage.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,871
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,717 Shoretel
189,755 CTX100 install
187,919 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Keyset6), 88 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024