web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#208749 06/19/05 04:14 AM
OP Offline
KSU died from a lightning strike on our old 616 Flex system so went to Greybar and bought a new STS system. Have it mostly installed except needing a Femail to Male cable instead of the male to male I mistakenly bought. Monday, after a trip back to Greybar I will be able to connect the CO lines [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

On the old system I had the FAX machine connected through an SLA and had it programmed so the FAX line would only ring to the SLA. Would also be nice if the FAX machine would always go out on a specific line. Have the FAX hooked to the Built in SLA and looked over the PDF manuals on the CD but am confused as to how to actually set this up in the programming. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Also anyone interested in the old 616 system, it has 6 phones, 2 wall mount adaptors, 1 SLA, KSU and installation/programming manual. The KSU isn't completely dead but the phone system quit working and I wanted caller ID anyway..

Thanks,
Bob

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#208750 06/19/05 05:09 AM
Put the fax line in its own line group and then give that station access to that group.

So, go to CO line group and then CO line Group Access in the manual.

Thanks,
Chaz

#208751 06/19/05 12:44 PM
OP Offline
Thanks Chaz,

Apreciate the tip, will play with it and see what I come up with...

Been reading the board... Any chance you might email me a copy of WINDBA, I am not a dealer (and have no desire to become one) but want to support our in-house phone system with whatever tools are available.

#208752 06/20/05 12:24 PM
I have never used it. Not a dealer either. I program everything from the phone

#208753 06/20/05 01:17 PM
OP Offline
Thanks, it was worth a shot [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

#208754 06/23/05 01:40 PM
Windba is not that great, you can use Hyperterminal to connect to the system and program that way. Its much better, you just have to know how to navigate the system through it.

#208755 06/23/05 03:31 PM
OP Offline
Thanks for the tip.... Have HyperTerm hooked up and working. just thought WinDBA might make navigating the features a little easier. This system does so much more than our old system it's a bit overwhelming. Having lived with the 616 for 12 years I had it down pretty good but not much of what I know about the 616 relates to the STS system.

I am a software developer and would think it wouldn't be real difficult to write a terminal program that had a plain English user interface that would make programming and data back up real simple. Would be time consuming to get all the features covered but the actual code wouldn't be rocket science. I think it would be a fun project to play with if I didn't have to make a living.

#208756 06/28/05 01:19 AM
OP Offline
Well, finally managed to get back on the phone system and think I have everything programmed so it works the way we need. Sure appreciate the help.

Have a couple more questions.

I saved the database using Hyper Terminal and during the process I received several Short Packet errors... I know Xmodem is pretty good and normally it recovers but the Short Packets are a bit of a surprise with a direct cable link. Is this normal? Would hate to discover at some future date the file I have isn't any good?

Also noticed several places in the documentation referring to Voice Mail/Answering Machine. Does the STS basic system come with any Voice Mail system built in? We really don't need it or want it as I really hate the voice menus that seem so popular with corporate America these days. However I am wondering if this system has the capability.

Thanks
Bob

#208757 06/28/05 01:39 AM
The STS has three options for voicemail.

First is a relatively inexpensive 'in-skin' card that uses flash memory for storage. Its pretty basic as voicemail systems go, but for most customers that fit the STS profile -that is all they need.

Second is an 'HDD in-skin', that has an hard drive mounted to the card. It runs XP embedded. It is a very feature-rich voicemail system. More expensive than the flash-based, but still very reasonable.

Third option is any analog, pc-based voicemail that supports an in-band (DTMF) integration.

[This message has been edited by dwflood (edited June 28, 2005).]

#208758 06/28/05 02:49 AM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Don't forget that the Dispatch or Talkpath Digital voice mail can be used on digital station ports too! We use them all the time when the customer's VM needs exceed the capabilities of the in-skin flash card. It works really well.

------------------
Ed
---------
How come there's always enough time to go back and fix it a second time?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,892
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,834 Shoretel
189,957 CTX100 install
188,059 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 123 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024