web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#21134 01/18/09 04:23 AM
It sounds like you are defending this guy and condoning what he did. I guess your point is you are the good guy for helping them out but as for the consultant part they ain't listening and that's par for the course.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#21135 01/18/09 10:08 AM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Originally posted by grider:
What I am getting at here is these business people are willing to pay proper and market rates but [b]they are not as familiar with the domino effect of cutting a corner here and there .[/b]
Egg-zact-lee!

I can't even add to that.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
#21136 01/18/09 12:41 PM
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
Am I defending the guy? Well, I suppose that is true but only to a certain extent. I think it is more of an understanding of the situation a person is in when they show some courage to set up a small business. Think of the numerous contacts he had to encounter just to get possession of the property and begin. We all know that every time one person talks to another and there is a possibility of funds moving from one to another your gonna have to sort out the BS from the truth. Just look at our industry alone. If you want a phone to ring in an office here is what to expect.

Everyone is an expert except you, starting with the Realtor that sold you the building.

The electrician will want to handle all the wiring since it is copper.

The CG will recommend all IP.

The service provider will make a run at a hosted solution.

The cable company will send someone by to sell their business package.

The copy machine guy has a brother-in-law that knows everything there is to know about telephone systems and if he doesn’t the plumbers dad worked for Bell for 23 years.

The list could go on forever!

Even us folks inside this industry would want to start hittin the brown liquor if we had to listen to all the BS that flies around in this business, and we actually know something about it. Can you imagine what it is like if all you know is I had a Nortel on my desk back at my old law office? And this is just the telephone stuff! I’m sure the other industries are just as bad and they are hawking their options too.

Am I a good guy? Yes, As a matter of fact I am. I didn’t help them out like someone that pulls over and helps someone change a flat tire. I helped them out by doing my job and having an understanding of what it might be like to be in Jack’s shoes. It would be much easier to do what I do without being second guessed others. But if those “others” don’t second guess those like me then they are never gonna get out of the cubicle their in anyway.

If you have been in this business long enough you are a consultant whether you like it or not. Appreciate it when someone wants your opinion but don’t expect your opinion to be taken 100% of the time.

#21137 01/19/09 06:52 AM
John,

I understand exactly what you were trying to convey in your first post. We are all consultants in one form or another. Like it or not. The more of a consultant and problem solver you are the more valuable you are to your clients.

My hats off to you John for helping this person out even if they don't use your advice. How many of you have gone to the doctor, dentist etc. and not done exactly as told. I am guilty.

Mike

#21138 01/23/09 11:47 AM
The company I work for has two rules. Rule one, the customer is always right, rule two, if ever in doubt refer to rule one. I never did understand these rules!

#21139 01/23/09 01:39 PM
DJG Offline
Everyone is an expert except you, starting with the Realtor that sold you the building.

You hit it on the head John :toast:

Voice/Data & Cable Contractors, Avaya/Lucent, Nortel and Panasonic Serving Central Fl
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,309
Posts638,906
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,036 Shoretel
190,243 CTX100 install
188,399 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
dexman 4
Yoda 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (dexman), 148 guests, and 149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024