web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hope this isn't a stupid question. We were wondering if there is a way to make one of our lines either ring differently or cut the ring time down. Our line 6 is a fax and it sounds like an incoming call with our new fax. We looked over the net to find a solution with no luck. I know electronics have so many HIDDEN settings even the manuals wont show. Is it possible you can adjust the ring sound or something for the sytem we have. Thanks in advance with any help or advice.

Ron S

Ron J Stuczynski
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Ron:

No, sorry but there are no different ring tones on that system. My advice would be to program line 6 to not ring at all to avoid this confusion.

The only stupid question is the one that is not asked.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
If its easy enough. Can you run me through the steps to eliminate the ringer on line 6. Our simple guides don't show this.

Thanks for the reply Ed!

Ron S

Ron J Stuczynski
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Ron:

Do you have an installers manual for this system?? And have you done programming on this system before?

If you haven't---that may be a problem. Changing the ringing on lines is an installer-type procedure.

You may need some installer help on this---either on the phone or having someone there.

Number one is: You need to locate the programming phone (should be the one that has a display on it). It must be station port 01.

Are there any Vodavi dealers in your area. If you don't know of any---now might be a good time to make a friend of one.

OP Offline
No we don't have the LCD phone. I did find the install guide on the net, but it did not indicate ringer adjustments. I would love to just turn off the ringer on line 6. That would be the answer. If someone knows a procedure without the LCD main phone please let us know.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

Ron S

Ron J Stuczynski
OP Offline
No we don't have the LCD phone. I did find the install guide on the net, but it did not indicate ringer adjustments. I would love to just turn off the ringer on line 6. That would be the answer. If someone knows a procedure without the LCD main phone please let us know.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

Ron S

Ron J Stuczynski

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,673 Shoretel
189,641 CTX100 install
187,867 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 150 guests, and 279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024