Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#214523 01/08/09 04:38 AM
patk Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a Vodavi phone system (model 5000-00) with a digital voicemail (model DHD 02). I am a phone user not a tech. I have two active ports in voicemail with two more available for use. I was informed that I need a licensing key to open up the other two ports. Have contacted dealers in the state (Kansas) with no help. This is an older phone system that works well, just want to use all four ports to voicemail to handle increased phone calls. Where can I purchase a licensing key for this system? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#214524 01/08/09 05:18 AM
If I remember correctly you have to purchase the key from Vodavi and edit the system registry which would require an experienced technician. You probably would not be able to perform the task without experience. You can go to vodavi.com and search your area for an authorized Vodavi dealer.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
#214525 01/08/09 05:32 AM
patk Offline OP
OP Offline
I have contacted Vodavi (now Vertical)and they provided me information for local contacts. I have contacted these dealers and have not been able to purchase a licensing key. I currently have e-mails in to Vertical trying to get assistance, but have not had much luck at this point. The tech that we currently use is not a Vodavi dealer and instructed me to purcahse a licensing key and he could avtivate the other two ports to our voicemail system. I am not having any luck finding the licensing keys to do this. Thank you for your assistance.

#214526 01/08/09 06:13 AM
Originally posted by patk:
The tech that we currently use is not a Vodavi dealer and instructed me to purcahse a licensing key and he could avtivate the other two ports to our voicemail system.
That is the problem, if I am not mistaken you have to be a licensed dealer to buy the key...otherwise it seems reasonable to assume that your tech would have just purchased the key himself and sold it to you. Call Vertical again and see if they can get an authorized dealer in your area that can help out. Email is OK, but calling is better when it comes to things like this.

Steve

#214527 01/08/09 09:05 AM
patk Offline OP
OP Offline
I am leaving messages with Vertical to call me back. I have not been able to get past their phone system to a live person yet today (calling the Phoenix Office). I was able to talk to a Vertical Tech in the past and was given 3 Vodavi dealers in Kansas. I am still working with them, keep in mind I have been for about 5 weeks. They have not yet been able to help me. I did not know that buying a license was this complicated. I am assuming it is because our system is so old. I am trying to educate myself in the process and learning more about phone systems than I ever cared to. I was looking for a quick fix to my problem. My understanding that I could end up with a code for an outdated system that may cost 10-20% of a new system. The education continues.

#214528 01/08/09 02:23 PM
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
This update requires a key plus a program called ezstep which does the upgrade for you. Piece of cake actually. If I were to sell it to you, I would need the serial number of your voice mail.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
#214529 01/11/09 04:52 AM
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I am leaving messages with Vertical to call me back. I have not been able to get past their phone system to a live person yet today (calling the Phoenix Office). I was able to talk to a Vertical Tech in the past and was given 3 Vodavi dealers in Kansas. I am still working with them, keep in mind I have been for about 5 weeks. They have not yet been able to help me. I did not know that buying a license was this complicated. I am assuming it is because our system is so old. I am trying to educate myself in the process and learning more about phone systems than I ever cared to. I was looking for a quick fix to my problem. My understanding that I could end up with a code for an outdated system that may cost 10-20% of a new system. The education continues.
That's because you're dealing with dealers that apparently could care less about upgrading older equipment.

It's cheaper to pick up a 4 port on Ebay and sell off your old one.

#214530 01/13/09 02:37 AM
patk Offline OP
OP Offline
I checked out ebay, I can pick up a Vodavi DHD 04 voice mail with four ports. Will the DHD 04 voicemail replacing my exhisting DHD 02 voicemail be compatibale with my current phone system (5000-00)? Thank you all for you help.

#214531 01/13/09 04:20 AM
Yes it is compatible as long as you have the available digital ports on your system.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,319
Posts638,945
Members49,778
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,237 Shoretel
190,465 CTX100 install
188,892 1a2 system
Newest Members
hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310, PeterG, lyte
49,777 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
lyte 4
dans 4
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (JBean3329, [email protected], Professor Shadow), 81 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024