Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#216753 10/26/09 12:03 PM
OP Offline
Is anyone selling these? Anything good (or bad) to report?

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#216754 10/27/09 03:02 AM
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
What happened to the reply from yesterday?

#216755 10/27/09 06:57 AM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
I never saw a post from you, Bill. I did delete another members post this morning, at his request. Didn't see one from you then.

-Larry

#216756 10/28/09 02:21 AM
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Larry, it was the another member's post concerning restoring a system. I thought it was interesting and was awaiting some information or comments from our gurus on what might have happened in case it happens to one of us.

Thanks, Bill.

#216757 10/28/09 04:25 AM
OP Offline
Our company is going to be installing the Wave system as our primary phone system. I am hoping some experienced installers/users can chime in with their experience. Good or bad, please add your impressions.

Thanks,
Patrick

#216758 10/29/09 02:09 AM
We have a one in our office and three other installs completed. Be ready for some confusion although the gui is pretty good at getting you thru programming. I did my first one last week and really so far so good. There are some bullsh*t things that seem to have been left out but maybe it'll be fixed in a later release. Things like no line appearance, headset/handset volume resets every time you hang up, needing two buttons to perform DND on the ip phones. We have found that it is easier to go with digital phones because some of the functions work such as DND with them and use the ip for remotes.

The vmail from the people using it have said it is very easy to set up and make changes. Alot of them have different hours different days so they record one greeting for every day and thru viewpoint click on the appropriate day. Viewpoint is a nice feature, not neccessary unless you can make it work for you.

So far good experiences from me but I know our tech who has been playing with it since it came out had nothing but trouble. Seems to have the bugs worked out at this point, again a few quirks but hopefully they fix those.

We will be using wavenet to connect 6 locations across the state at some point so that I can't give any insight on. Being a more expensive system than the trad vodavi line I can see where it will really come down to how you can tailor it to a custome and present it that way. There are just too many features to throw at somebody.

Be sure to look at the call routing, that will be something people should like, when they can do their own thru viewpoint. God knows there are some caller id's that show up and I wish the xts would just hang up on them. I need to get a wave in this office for that.

#216759 10/29/09 03:29 AM
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply MN. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Wave system. That helps a lot, and will give us a little jump start on what to expect. The headset/handset volume resetting seems like a it might be a pain in the a** for some customers. I hope they fix that one pretty quickly with an update. As far as there being no line appearance, are you talking about on the phones themselves and/or in viewpoint? Either way that needs to be fixed also.

Thanks again!

#216760 10/29/09 03:49 AM
The volume thing is remedied by a button on the phone (volume reset override feature). The not having traditional line appearance (line1 line2 ect) is really not too big a deal. Of course this depends on being able to teach the people in the office to use the system with parks. Again the viewpoint is very helpful with this as you can have a visual display of callers in the park locations. For the most part the front desk people like it so they can point and click their way thru calls, transferring and sending to vmail and so on.

I think the newest update is supposed to be out until 2nd quarter but it is supposed to have quite a few fixes and unlocks some features that should be slick.

At the training we got a wiki site from John Hall. As he says this is no way tied in with vertical but is done by him and some of the other engineers and support people. So use at your own risk but gives quite a bit of info and help. https://www.pleasantrunparkway.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

#216761 10/29/09 04:04 AM
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
With XTS, you can route the received ANI digits to your heart's content

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

#216762 10/29/09 04:34 AM
The routing really comes into play with the viewpoint allowing the user to define alot of the routing they would like to achieve. the interface looks like outlook so they are pretty comfortable doing some of the routing on their own. They can only do the routing as it applies to calls to their phone. Ex.. a call comes to my phone by AA or transfered in some way and the caller id is my wife I set it to go straight to vmail cause I know she's going to yell about something. Again it's a point and click with the viewpoint that they can change day to day or hour to hour.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,904 Shoretel
189,999 CTX100 install
188,225 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 48 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024