web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Has anyone else run into this problem? I've got a customer that's called twice complaining of callers being dropped in "approximatley 10 seconds" while leaving a message in a mailbox. A number of the staff people have complained about it. I've called in on all 6 lines, routed myself to a supposed problem mailbox, left a long message, no drops. On the first service call I did detect a slight "ground" on line one and advised the customer to call their service provider. This was after a heavy rain the previous day. On the second service call, after a heavy rain, all lines sounded fine, no ground, and no problems for me to leave a long message. I called Vodavi and tech support offered no solutions. Unless you guys have had a similar problem I'm beginning to think that either a) they're bored and want to see my handsome face or b)there callers are using cell phones and are just dropping the call (this did happen while I was there the last time during a conversation -the caller dropped and never called back).

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I had a similar sitution with a STSe also. I changed the KSU, the VM and 2 of the phones. It turned out to be the Telco provider was dropping current. When you said the 1st day after heavy rain "slight ground". I would DEFINATELY get the outside lines checked first.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Telco has to deliver at least 23ma loop current. Anything lower can result in a lower volume and even loop disconnects. Other ideas are to try lengthening the registry item Max_Silence =10. There may be another silence detect item too but I am not connected to a system right now to read the registry. You also could try using Windba to boost the handset receiver gain of your voice mail ports. Finally, you could even have Talk-Off if a frequency is detected as a valid DTMF digit. Who did you talk to in support that had no suggestions? Vertical should start supporting this forum if that is the case.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Sorry. I missed the flash vm header so skip the registry stuff. the other stuff is still valid. I even think the handset receiver gain may still be doable.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,868
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,689 Shoretel
189,708 CTX100 install
187,894 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 98 guests, and 295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024