Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
tscad Offline OP
OP Offline
Scotttooolguy, my issue has nothing really to do with DIT, however I am using DIT on CO4 which is the CO I'm trying to get the caller ID to show up on. By the way, I do know a little something about these systems. I installed them as a teen in the 90's. I haven't installed one in about 9 years, so please bear with me. I've started my own business and I've installed this system. I'm just trying to get this last little thing to work, otherwise it's an awesome setup. Basically, all I want is Caller ID on an analog line for both for my warehouse staff (on analog phones) and the fax line. The same CO shows up with caller ID on a digital phone, but not on an analog phone. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

"Don't know if I'm correct in this, I'm just a lowly end user"

Only reason I questioned was your above comment. Not sure why you posted that if you know what you're doing.

What software version are you at?

Scott.

With R3000 or higher, caller ID to single line telephones is supported. A class of service option (send caller ID to single line telephones) was added.

Scott

tscad Offline OP
OP Offline
The only reason I used that statement is because I'm far from an expert and I wouldn't want to mislead anyone. This is the first thing to stump me, but I'm sure it won't be the last!

To answer your question I'm using SP1011 R1.02
CPU=1.02
ESIB(8)=1.00
ESIB(8)=1.00
MIFM=5.00
COID(4)=4.00
SLI(4)=1.74
COI(8)
COI(8)
VMS(4)=1.70

I really do appreciate your advice!

To answer your question I'm using SP1011 R1.02
CPU=1.02
ESIB(8)=1.00
ESIB(8)=1.00
MIFM=5.00
COID(4)=4.00
SLI(4)=1.74
COI(8)
COI(8)
VMS(4)=1.70

System version 1.02 does not support single line caller ID. The SLI(4) does not support caller ID. You will need a SLIB(4) for caller ID to a single line device, and a system upgrade to at least R3000

tscad Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks! I guess this is the reason I can't find the class of service option to send caller id to SLT. Thanks to all of you who responded. I'll order the appropriate parts this morning and follow up with you in a couple weeks. Thanks again for all of the support!

tscad Offline OP
OP Offline
I've updated the software to version SP1014 R4.62 and I've replaced the SLI(4) card with a SLIB(4) card. My only issue is that my programming manual does not have a class of service selection for "Send Caller ID to SLT." I don't have the ETI for the 3.0 update with the caller id to SLT. The ETI for the 4.0 upgrade doesn't mention this option. If anyone knows which selection it is please advise.

Thanks again for all the help!

tscad Offline OP
OP Offline
I found the class of service option for send caller id to SLT (p7lk1), enabled it and I still can't get the caller id to pass over the the analog phones. Any other suggestions?

tscad Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, since it appears that I often reply to my own questions, why not do it one more time. I had switched the the SLIB(4) card SW2-4 to off to enable the caller id. Thanks to this forum and an old post I found that in some cases the card has to be removed from the programming and re-enabled in order for the change to take effect. I did just that and now everything works just perfect.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,380 Shoretel
189,087 CTX100 install
187,412 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 118 guests, and 420 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024