Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Toolie Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an Aspire M system that is not letting a couple of the users access voicemail remotely from their cell phones. Works okay with other phones. I tested the phones to ensure they are outputting DTMF, and they are. (Motorola Razr phones - set to long tone for DTMF)

I was wondering if there might be an adjustment to make the system more sensitive to DTMF tones, or if anyone else has had any experience with this issue.

Works fine for almost everyone - just a couple of people with problems.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Is the problem with AspireMail or IntraMail?

Toolie Offline OP
OP Offline
Intramail

I know I had a similar problem with a customer 18 months ago, it was a combination of the lines and the Aspire In-skin voicemail. IF you can call tech support there is a program that allows you to adjust DTMF duration. I would also check the lines with a digit grabber also it could be the lines.

I know it talks about adjusting the DTMF in setting up mobile extensions. If i remember it is in either 80 or 81 level programing. YOu have to have the higher up level user name and password, not the installer level.

Toolie Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey - thanks for the suggestions! I will look into adjusting the DTMF. I figured there must be some way to do it.

I'll post back if I get a favorable result!

Toolie Offline OP
OP Offline
I am back with an update. I sort of let this problem slip through the cracks, but now the guy is going on vacation and wants to get his voice mail from his cell phone.

It is indeed program 80-3 that allows you to make adjustments to the DTMF receiver. It has to be accessed from the MF level of programming, and a system restart is required after adjustments are made.

I have been looking it over on my shop system before I go try it for real on the customer system. I will probably just try changing the Detection Level to a more sensitive setting.

BTW - Does anybody know what the setting for "forward twist" and "reverse twist" refer to? I consider myself an old phone man, but I don't recognize the terms.

Thanks - I will come back with a tale of success...........or not.

Toolie....We changed our setting from 10 to 15 and it works great.

Toolie Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the input! Are you referring to the setting for 80-03-01 Detection Level, or 80-03-03 Minimum Detection Level?

I think those settings are working together, but I don't see much detail in the documentation.

Thanks again! All input/suggestions appreciated by this confused old guy..........

I get a "forward twist" when I try to get my fat old ass into too tight phone closets, and a "backward twist" coming out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,300
Posts638,879
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,767 Shoretel
189,844 CTX100 install
187,972 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 135 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024