DSX 160 v2.11 with 25 analog phones that ring-down to a department group (multiline phones). My task was to upgrade the software and add a VoIP DB. I saw that someone unplugged the UPS and plugged the KSU into the wall. I put everything back and discovered that the batteries were dead. Ok, made sense, removed the UPS. Backed up programming with 2.19 SysAdmin. One of the 2 SLIU cards had a solid yellow light on it. I guessed someone was using a port on it, so I moved on. Inserted the CF, held the switch, waited, Check+Hold 3.33, awesome. Reset. The yellow light was still on, and someone said that some analogs weren't working. I think the SLIU is blown, and SysAdmin shows it as uninstalled. I moved a few of those phones over to the other card so they can be operational until I replace the card. I went to test those and they didn't work. When you go off-hook it's just silence, not even air, and the dep't group phone does nothing. You can call them though. Now here's the fun part...when you call one of them (from a department group phone), the whole console goes crazy with rings from every analog that tried to call! I reinitialized, and reprogrammed the system, pulled off the DB, removed the SLIU card and reset again. Same problem. Upgraded to 3.34, just 'cause. No change. I programmed a digital phone to ringdown to the same dep't group, and it didn't work, just intercom dialtone. Set ringdown to an extension and a speed dial, no go. I can only guess that the UPS damaged the system. Another possibility is that I heard a hissing sound coming from the area around the SLIU when I first took the cover off, so maybe that card was dying anyway, and the ringdown problem is something unrelated.
I was considering replacing both SLIUs until the digital phone didn't ring down. Now I'm stumped.

update: setting prime line to none solved digital phone ring down. Setting prime line to none on all analogs didn't work. I will be checking voltages on my next trip today.