Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#250751 08/25/05 03:29 PM
DnRComm Offline OP
OP Offline
I was told that on a computer network, that I could see another users microsoft Outlooks calendar across the network. I am assuming that this would only work if you had a server based network with Outlook server running on the server? Am I correct in assuming this?

------------------
Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications

Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#250752 08/25/05 07:20 PM
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
yes you are. I think you actually have to have Exchange server in order to have global calendars and address books. I wish Microsoft would make their web based Outlook available to individuals. That would be the thing.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
#250753 09/28/05 11:57 AM
For many offices, the most frustrating experience related to Microsoft Outlook is finding out that, unless you are using Microsoft Exchange Server, there is no simple, built-in, reliable method for sharing contacts and calendars. That's right, there's no "magic wand" you can wave to enable people to easily share Outlook data without Exchange.

One reason that this goal of sharing is so elusive is that standalone users store data in Personal Folders .pst files. However, two people cannot work from the same Personal Folders .pst file at the same time, because these files are not designed for shared access. The same problem occurs if two people try to look at the same Personal Address Book. Of course, if two people share the same computer at different times of the day, they can share data; see Sharing Microsoft Outlook Info on One PC. A relatively recent development is the advent of a few products that can bypass the shared access limitations of PST files. See Other Solutions - General below.

If you have Outlook 98 or Outlook 2000, Microsoft provides a feature called Net Folders that transfers information among a group of people with special e-mail messages; this feature is more stable in Outlook 2000, but still not 100% reliable. However, this feature doesn't exist at all in Outlook 2002.

You can also publish a calendar to the web:

In your Calendar folder, choose File | Save As Web Page. If you get a message that you must install the Internet Explorer Web Publishing Wizard, you can download the wizard from the Microsoft Download Center. It works fine on Windows 2000, even though the page says it's for Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0. »Seems to work fine for XP also«

For more information, you can check out https://www.slipstick.com/calendar/olpubcal.htm#ol2k

W. R. Mineo
Webmaster Help

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,971 Shoretel
190,154 CTX100 install
188,335 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (R4+Z), 50 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024