web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
How do I make the system prompt to insert another diskette instead of just giving an error. I realize I can just run the command again since the archive bit is set and it will not copy the files I just copied but it seems tedious. I know I can make a batch file but I am not good at that and since I have to manually insert the diskettes, I have to be there anyway. Another hard drive for backups is a good solution but I am not there yet. In the near future I will put one in but I need to have a good and current backup in the meantime, including messages.

Thanks in advance.
Rich

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
I have a set of batch files I made for running thru floppies, to back up the voicemail.

I also setup an automated setup at a site, where it copied files to a duplicate hard drive each night.

OP Offline
No room in the box for another HDD. If I opened the box and connected a drive, would I be able to read it from another machine to copy it to CD after I backed it up? Although a whip with XP, Vista, 2000/3, etc., not very adept with DOS and Fat16.

Wouldn't mind taking a look at the batch file and trying it out.

I use back up hard drives all the time. (dos and windows) I can get a down vmail back up and working in the matter of minutes to the was it was at 3:00 am that morning, if all that was wrong was a hard drive.

If you are looking for room you must have a rack mounted pc. One way I got around not being able to put in a hard drive was just by using a laptop hard drive and rails. They work in all the machines I use from Vertical/Comdial. They make converters for the IDE cables. These work great.

I also have used usb hard drives. These work good also. Just run a batch file that calls to the stopvm command xcopy the whole vm directory then run the ntreboot command.

I always ghost my drives and then create two backup files on the backup drive and alternate the days to them. you could keep 7 days worth on the backup drive if you wanted. I found 2 seems to be the right number for me.

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I wouldn't mind have that procedure to use a second drive. Can you post it?

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
When I set one up with a second hard drive (DOS VM), I basically loaded up the second one the same as the first, and then modified the diskm.bat file to backup the pertinent files (the ones that change with regular use of VM) to the second drive. If the second drive ever has to be used, a new second drive will need to be installed so that the diskm.bat file on the original second drive is still correct.

OP Offline
I think the best option is to backup to another HDD. SInce I have no room in the box for another drive, I think I might try a CF-IDE drive. Anyone ever have any luck (or bad luck) with that? I was thinking about moving the primary drive to CF...solid state, no moving parts to break, faster, etc, etc.

What do you think?

I did have some Q's about the diskm file but I will do that in another post.

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,725 Shoretel
189,768 CTX100 install
187,924 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 75 guests, and 328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024