web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
First off, I am a Newbie. I have an old ITT-3100 PBX and am using Keyvoice DOS version. I am having an issue where a call from outside comes in and they dial direct to an extension but if the extension is in use, the call is routed back to the main greeting. If they call that extension a second time it will go into voice mail. If the extension does ring, after 4 rings the call will go into voice mail to be able to leave a message. If the extension is on DND the call will be routed back to main greeting. HELP!!!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Turn on trace and see what digits are being brought into the trans.txt. This should lead you down the right path.

OP Offline
I did do a trace and did not see anything in the trace.log. I Changed the Trace attribute to "A" for all but nothing in the file. Because I am new, I am sure I am doing something wrong here. Any direction would be appreciated.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Are you doing an on-screen trace or trace to file? Do you have either of these options turned on? There's more to it than just setting the trace options (DTP is what I usually use, but if that's all you're doing, you're missing a step).

Justin

OP Offline
I was able to do a trace. First, here is what is in my Trans.txt file
3XXX=3XXX*,*

Trace states !,3002 when trying to dial extension 3002. When 3002 is not used then voice mail come up. When 3002 is used call is routed to main greeting.

Problem solved!!! I removed the !, from External in the transfer setup screen and poof all is good.

There seems to be some information missing. If one situation provides one result and another provides a different result, then the trace would look different for each situation. In the Success line of the trace (and in every line where it's tried each prior trans.txt entry, from the top down) it should show you what it's trying to match up (what's coming from the switch). That information should look different, based on which situation you are testing.

Also, if the fix was what you said it was, then something else isn't right, because in a correctly setup voicemail it would not care or matter what the External Transfer entry was, since this is an internal extension. It sounds like your Mailbox Length is set to less than 4, making the 4-digit box number an "external" call. Either that, or the digits coming from the switch makes it longer than the Box Length, and then there's a missing or misplaced entry in the trans.txt file because it's not translating it correctly.

Justin

OP Offline
Correction. Nothing Solved. It looked like it worked once but I was wrong. Still same issue.

I see in the trace display that after dialling the digits it sends:

!,3002
[]

What am I doing wrong?

Are all extensions having the same issue?

When did these issues begin?

Have you tried to re-boot one or both systems?

We get old too soon, smart too late
OP Offline
All extensions have same issue. Voice mail computer crapped out over a year ago. PBX Vendor setup a new machine but this issue arose. Everything else works good. Auto attendant picks up calls routes them to correct extensions,night and day service works, etc. Been dealing with this issue for over a year. Due to the age of my switch, it is hard to get someone that will look at it without it costing an arm and leg. Switch is the same and no changes were made to it when VM machine died. VM Machine is only change.

OP Offline
Re-ooted both systems - same issue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,723 Shoretel
189,766 CTX100 install
187,923 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 67 guests, and 309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024