Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I had an interesting experience recently as I was sent to extend from the Verizon DMARC to a CISCO router located in a shopping mall a 56 kbps line. Only thing was, I did not know that the pinout configuaration at the DSU/CSU was different from a T1 Pinout (1, 2, 4 and 5) of which I have installed many in my lifetime. So, just in case some one else runs into this, the pinout for a 56/64 kilobit circuit is 1, 2, 7 and 8. Here is also a handy link for reference: https://www.ciscosystems.com/en/US/...4/software/user/guide/boapin.html#wp4769 . I am sure that if it has happened to me, it might just happen to someone else. Just want to pass on a tip to others that might run into this situation in the future.............especially if you are in the Rent - a - Tech business wink

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Hey man I was wondering for what reason would I need to put in a crossover cable at a T1 Dmark extension? I have been working on one for a few days and bout pulled my hair out (although I aint got much) but what would be the reason for it not to work even after I punched down all four pair? Can you help me?

Just tryin to make a livin...
I have seen it with some of the ClEC's IAD where you need a T1 crossover cable instead of the standard T1 cable. I think it is the way the port was configured from the carrier. You know for a T1 cable you use pins 1,2 and 4,5 for a straight cable and reverse one end to make a crossover cable.

Zapato, I know this post is from a long time ago, but I have a question if you are still around. Is that 1,2,7,& 8 straight through, or 1,2 to 7,8(and visa versa)? Since it only shows one side I was thinking it was straight through. If it is straight through, wouldn't a standard patch cord work, and the other pairs are just ignored?

The reason for the question is I did in install yesterday, and used a standard patch and it did not work. That is when they told me, use 1,2,7 & 8. I asked were they crossed(1,2 to 7,8) and the engineer acted like he had no idea what I was talking about. Obviously since a cable has two ends. I wanted detail, but I didn't get any.

I ended up using the standard patch cable, cutting off one end. So we have

Conn - 1
1- W/O
2- O/W
7- W/Br
8- Br/W

Conn - 2
1- W/Br
2- Br/W
7- W/O
8- O/W

All the other pins have their normal 568b colors, but since they are not used I am assuming they are ignored.

After I redid the cable and installed as requested, the circuit went from down/down to up/down. I do not know if it is a provider issue or a problem with my cable.

Any Adivce?

56K circuit is 1,2 - 7,8 straight through. If you setup requires a cross-over then somethings wrong. If with your cross-over it half works, I would try and reterminate the cable.

Hello. I hope this is the right forum. I don't gave much experience with csu/dsu wiring, so please forgive me.

We had a telco provider extend a 56k circuit from the demarc to our computer room. I always thought that there should be two pairs. However, I only have one pair. Is there something I am missing?

This circuit will be going directly into my cisco router (wic).

You're not missing anything.

A 56K circuit can run on a single pair, no problem. Vast majority of the ones we install in NY are done that way nowadays.

Hope this helps.

"...Time moves slowly and it goes so fast..."

(Sandy Denny)
56K can be one pair.

My wiring was straight through for my question. A standard patch cord would(and did)work fine. The customer insisted I hand make a cable using only 1,2 and 7,8, because they were sure the extra pairs were causing the circuit to fail. I knew that was hoey, but I couldn't prove it to them. At least not until two weeks later when AT&T finally got the circuit provisioned properly...

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,595 Shoretel
189,480 CTX100 install
187,631 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024