web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello, I am a telecom tech working on a trouble Tkt that is causing me to have sleepless nights. Westel T3 shelf is terminated to (2)50 pin 66-blocks RX and TX (via amphenol cable), seperated by bridge clips right side TELCO and left side CUST. Running pattern QRS, All 0's via H2H testing is clean on my RX (any errs sent is rx'd), however, tester at DCS cannot sync with me (massive errs). Pattern Sync only on All Ones. Levels taken at block are -0.3dB and 5.7Vpp.

Tester loops NIU clean running 15 min. No errors. When I loop T-T / R-R on same block, tester test clean through loop. Originally, thought it was my testset, however, I replaced it with another test set and cables and get same results.

Strangest thing however is whenever TELCO gets involved either Vendor meet or via telephone. Problems seems to clear itself up. TELCO access point is closer than mine, however, when they moved to the farthest point, no errors.

In addition, TELCO came out to site and ran clean using my equipment. No settings changed. Again, problem appears to be on TX side, however, proving it to TELCO is another matter. If you have any suggestions on what I might look for I would very much appreciated it.

Thank you!

Robert Preston
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moving to T1's, CSU's and DSU's.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Have you checked the wiring from the amp connector to the 66 block carefully? I've seen similar kind of troubles occur when you have a tip or ring mixed up with an adjacent pair. Might be kind of hard to verify with that layout, but what you can try to do is change timeslots on the DS3 to send it to a different pair to see if it makes a difference (since you'd be on a different pair on the block as well, unless they happen to be consistently wrong).

I remember experiencing a very similar trouble on an install awhile back. A tech before me had mounted a bix panel in a telephone room that was crossconnected to a patch panel in another room. Silly me, I followed cabling standards and made a patch cable for where my signal should have been... I was confused at first since the telco test center I was working with could see a hard loop back that I would place on the patch panel just fine but couldn't run to the CSU I had on the other end of it with a straight-through cable connection.

Turned out that my Tx ring was not where it was supposed to be and was one pin over. I guess there was enough signal bleed that people could run to a hard loopback at that point.

Amazing how the simplest of things can cause you the most grief.

--Matt

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,553 Shoretel
189,428 CTX100 install
187,596 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Touch Tone Tommy), 119 guests, and 242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024