web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jonmyk Offline OP
OP Offline
I have 3 XP machines connected to a networked Savin C3333 MFP and they RDP into a remote Win7 x64 machine which used to be a XP machine before it croaked. When they logon to the remote machine, the Savin C3333 doesn't show up in Printers.

I have tried installing the printer on the remote Win7 box on the LPT & Com ports but it won't print to the lcoa printer. I've enabled print spooling on the local machines on the C3333 and added LPT & Com ports which made no difference.

Not sure what to do at this point. Have a HP Officejet Pro 8000 connected the same way at the local office and it redirects just fine but the Savin C3333 doesn't.

Is it a mismatch between 32 & 64 bit? Or should I try deleting the Savin locally and reloading it with updated universal drivers and then try connecting to see if the remote Win7 box sees it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jon

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt"

Mark Twain
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You can always try checking the drivers...some stuff does not play nice with 64 bit.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
The XP machines are probably 32-bit. Your Windows 7 computer you said is 64-bit. 32-bit drivers are not compatible with 64-bit drivers and vice versa.

What you need to do is from one of the XP computers, open the name of the Windows 7 computer from Start -> Run: ex. \\windows7

You should see a listing of shares on the Windows 7 computer (if you have anything shared). Open Printers & Faxes. Next right click anywhere in that window and select properties. There should be a new window that loads. Select the printer drivers tab at the top. Then click on Add printer driver. Now select the 32-bit Savin printer driver you are using and let it install on the Windows 7 computer.

Make sure that all of the XP computers are using the exact same 32-bit Windows XP driver. They must all use the same version and release date. It helps to download the latest 32-bit driver first and install it on all of the XP computers. Save the driver to a temporary folder then follow the directions in the first paragraph. You only need to do this one of the XP computers. After that, all of the XP computers should be able to have their Savin printers loaded when using RDP.

I run into this problem a lot with SBS2008 and SBS2011 (both are 64-bit OS) with older XP Pro workstations that my clients won't upgrade/replace. Took me a lot of searching to figure out how to get it working.

https://www.wincert.net/tips/window...t-drivers-on-windows-server-64bit-or-x64

Check the Windows event log on the Windows 7 host. Look for event 1111, which should tell you the name of the driver that the Win XP machines are presenting to the host when they connect. When Windows can't match the driver name on a rdp connection it will generate this event.

I have had luck using the "lowest common denominator" with HP all-in-one printers. I install a deskjet 520C or corporate basic print driver package as a 2nd printer on the client. The Server 2008 machine then can recognize the driver and print remotely.

In your case I think you are on the right track adding the universal print driver. You do not have to erase the existing printers. Just add a new printer to both the XP and 7 machines using the newest Savin driver.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,601 Shoretel
189,483 CTX100 install
187,649 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 139 guests, and 346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024