web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
ooops apparently someone didn't read the remote configuration guidelines :x
Depending on your application it may or may not hurt your pocket book to bad.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

aweaver Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all the input! So far it appears that no one has succussfully deployed any remote phones without VPN tunneling. Not what I had hoped for but--maybe I'll have to do some more testing on my own such as port scanning to dissect the protocols.
Has anyone tried giving the Sip Server Blade a Public IP? Obviously this would create a routing problem for SIP endpoints on the private network, but not a problem is all sip phones are off site.
Here's where Tadiran has everyone beat with their Sentinal. It's acts as a proxy to bridge the gap between the public & private networks.

ElectSys Tech LLC
Hosted Phone Systems Solutions Provider
Allworx, Sangoma, FreePBX
Telephone & computer systems in the Jefferson City, Columbia MO area.
aweaver Offline OP
OP Offline
Just another thought! If we can get these phones to work without a VPN than we can also get them to register on a call controller other than Comdial. For example; if I'm at home with my EP300 I would have a choice of 1) register to the Comdial MP5000 in the corporate office & use their PSTN to place a call or 2) register to nexvortex etc & place a SIP call using their PSTN rates. Thus selecting the location that I want my PSTN call to originate from & saving on toll.

ElectSys Tech LLC
Hosted Phone Systems Solutions Provider
Allworx, Sangoma, FreePBX
Telephone & computer systems in the Jefferson City, Columbia MO area.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by aweaver:
See previous post at https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/000622.html

I'm also trying to figure out a way to connect comdial SIP endpoints to the MP1000/5000 without a VPN. Comdial insists that it can't be done but I find this hard to believe. They seem to be hiding the details from the dealers. (Such the fact that the MP1000 is a Linux box that you can telnet into.) They don't want us to know this stuff.

Has anyone had success in your experiments? What ports do the Comdial endpoints use. I think it's 5060 outbound but I haven't figured out what inbound port range is yet.

Any help would be appreciated.
</font>

Here are my findings:

Local Host:
Port 23(TCP)
Port 5060(TCP)
Port 4340(UDP)

Remote Connections:
Hyperterm consistently uses TCP port 17xx
VMMI consistently uses TCP port 18xx
EP200 consistently uses UDP port 161xx

Hope this helps

[This message has been edited by Jatkins (edited April 12, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by Jatkins (edited April 12, 2005).]

Hey Guys,

If you ask 10 people at Comdial how to remotely connect an EP200/300 via the Internet, you will receive 10 different answers. Comdial is not hiding information; the people you are asking the question to at Comdial does not know the answer.

Here are the facts:

SIP is not “NAT friendly” meaning it will not work across the internet unless all enpoints (EP200/EP300) and the SIP server (MP1000/5000) have a public IP address.
You can not port forward ports like you can with VoIP networking and iPrimo because the private IP address does not get translated. For example, let’s say your EP300 has an internal IP address of 192.168.1.101 and your public IP address is 12.153.69.2, port-forwarding 5060 to the private IP address 192.168.1.101 (EP300) will not do you any good because once the packet is forward to the private IP address, it looks into the payload of the packet that has the “un-translated” private IP address, incidentally is not routable over the Internet. This like I call you from a hotel room and leave you a message at your home to call me back at ext 1001 rather than the PSTN number.

There are to ways you can have the EP200/300 work across the Internet/NAT:

1) using a VPN
2) use SIP aware firewall/router

A SIP aware firewall/router looks into the payload of the packet and does the translation so it can work behind NAT.

I believe this was an oversight on Comdial’s part because competitors have this “translator” built into their gear.

BV

I'm having a bad week today.
Admin
Admin
Hey BV- good to hear your input. Hope North Carolina is to your liking.

[Linked Image]
Loving NC, thanks for asking. I made the move just in time before the layoff.

Admin
Admin
Good luck. You've always been the source I trusted for info. If you get some spare time email and keep in touch with what you are doing. Dave T.

[Linked Image]
Will Do. I won’t be a stranger like my last departure. This time Comdial beat me to the punch. At least I’m in an area (RTP) that has more technology jobs than southwest Florida.

BV

Admin
Admin
Be very careful of another telecom company that has a major group in RTP. I sell that product also and am hearing some disturbing possible news.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,729 Shoretel
189,770 CTX100 install
187,930 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 59 guests, and 323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024