Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#36866 05/25/07 06:46 AM
OP Offline
Hey everyone,

Back in November I asked a similar question: https://www.sundance-communications.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/2/t/001457.html

I have a new question on the same topic.

In line with that above, I tried setting up my 4 fax ports in the VM Extension Table ( I just set the 4 extensions up in the VM extension table only, these 4 extensions do not go through the actual VM server) and could never get the DTMF digits passed on. I set the DID Translation table to call the first port, then set the VM Line ID to the 3 digits that I wanted it to dial and no luck. So I gave up on that for a while.

Decided today to pick the stuff back up and see if I could figure anything else out. So I started configuring options with my current 8 VM Ports, I enable trace and watch several calls come through, then thought, why can't I send the VM server a bogus extension, and make it redirect it to the fax server and send extra digits? So I've been tinkering with that for the past hour or so. I set a rule up in the trans.day that looks like this -> "b#7xxx#=", so i'm basically going to prefix the 7 before the actual digits I want to send to the fax server.

No luck I've tried several options:
b#7xxx#=300,xxx
b#7xxx#=300xxx
and many others.

Am I trying to hard to accomplish something that is not possible, the FaxBack server option is too costly for what we are wanting to do, especially since we already have all the equipment to do it with, it is just a configuration issue right now.

Is there a way to add a translation rule like above, that will dial an extension and then send some extra digits?

Thanks for the help.
-David

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#36867 05/27/07 06:35 PM
set your vmail id in the dnis table to 7 digits. This will allow your digits to be sent down the analog port for faxing. They also have to be marked a vmail ports.

Keep in mind this is controlled by what software version you are running ont he phone system.

#36868 05/28/07 07:42 AM
OP Offline
Awesome BigDog! That solved my problem!!!

Thank you so much! Why I didn't think of that I don't know!

Thank you again!!!

#36869 05/28/07 03:27 PM
glad to hear it solved your issue. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,724 Shoretel
189,767 CTX100 install
187,923 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 75 guests, and 317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024