Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jcd Offline OP
OP Offline
We just upgraded our DX-80 system (with integrated voicemail) from A33 to F42, and I would like to ask for confirmation/guidance regarding the following issues :

1) Some mailboxes keep playing the tutorial forever (not only once), do you know how to correct this issue?

What I have tried so far with no results: reseting/restoring the mailbox with no results, even removing and adding it again!

This just happens with a couple of mailboxes, one is new and the other one was present before the upgrade.

2) We were told that the DSS-120 (Edge 120) is compatible with DX-80. In fact, it works but with a strange behavior: when extensions are in use, not only the corresponding led goes on on the DSS (red) but also a second one. This second led is always the same (for one given EXT), and it is assigned to another extension. If that other extension is picked-up and then hang-up, the led goes off. Any idea?

3) I read in another post that the latest firmware is 44, could you confirm this fact? Any guess on why that version was not shipped to us?

Regards.

Juan
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

press star during the tutorial.

The SW upgrade has nothing to do with the voicemail.

reprogram the buttons on the dss that are acting strange.

The latest SW for the DX80 is 44 FW is 15 I think.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
A cold start may help your #2. I had somewhat the same thing happen when I did an upgrade on a 120----did a cold restart and reloaded the programming--and the problem went away. A glitch or corrupted geegaww of some sort.

Make sure you "Receive" before you do anything.

jcd Offline OP
OP Offline
The SW upgrade has nothing to do with the voicemail.
That is what I thought but I guess I was just confused and overwhelmed with so much information.

I completely forgot about the * (star), and was just using the # (pound). Sorry.
reprogram the buttons on the dss that are acting strange.
I already reprogrammed the buttons many times with no results.

I will try JWRacedog's suggestion (cold start) in a couple of weeks and will let now what happens.
The latest SW for the DX80 is 44 FW is 15 I think.
I wonder why they shipped version 42 if we ordered the latest version just one month ago.
Are you aware of the difference between both versions (bug fixes, etc.)?, is it worth asking Comdial/Vertical for replacement?

Juan
only diff is that 44 does the automatic time change for daylight saving time. You have to call and specify 44 or they send 42.

Older DX-80 KSU with F14 and lower Firmware should not ugrade higher than A33 chipset. A33 Chips is the most stable in the older KSU (I have installed and PGM more than 300 of these SYS).If your KSU Firmware F15 or higher you should upgrade to F42 Chips Set and PGM with F42 PCDBA. DO NOT UPGRADE TO A39 A40or A44 Chips Set. These Chips set releases is VERY BAD Tons of GLITCHES TRUST ME. You should only use F42 PCDBA to received A39,A40 and A44 Database then save as(new Name). CHANGE chips set to F42,Default SYS then upload the Database you Save as(New Name) Back to KSU. Hope this will help. *NOTE FIRMWARE IS MARK ON A CHIP ON THE MAIN BOARD ON THE RIGHT ABOVE THE CO LINES JACKS

winmar,
you are responding to a thread that has already been solved.

jcd Offline OP
OP Offline
I finally got the change to try to fix the DSS led issue. So I "received" all the DX-80 configuration, cold started the system, "sent" the configuration back, and the problem persist.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Juan

Juan
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Wow, that was a long couple of weeks. Must be Mexico standard time. laugh

What is the version on your hardware? On the boards other than the CPM there is a firmware chip with a sticker showing F-something. What number is after the F?

Justin

jcd Offline OP
OP Offline
Justin,

-) 408E board (KSU2) has "PEHUM0 F15" on both chips
-) APM4 has "PEHUM0 F15"
-) 7270-K1012 (DX-80 VM) has "60 U33 V1.1"
(can't find anything like Fxx on this one)

Right now I cannot check the rest of the cards (the switch is running!). Back in 2008 we upgraded two chips (guess this was on the KSU1?), which I cannot check but from some of the e-mail exchanged with the supplier I guess they are F42. I have the old chips and they are labeled as follows:

-) K16UM0 A33 U14
-) K16UM0 A33 U16

So, do you think this system is OK with the F42? Is something missing (upgrade/downgrade)?

Thanks a lot.

Juan
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,852 Shoretel
189,965 CTX100 install
188,072 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 18
teleco 7
dexman 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024