Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#42236 04/08/10 07:39 AM
OP Offline
Hello,

Here is a potentially easy question for the pros, but I've scoured the two manuals I have and cannot find the answer.......

Can I turn off the Auto Attendant, or at least change the "answer on so many rings" setting through a series of keystrokes initiated from the main phone extension? We have an outside voicemail service and they fight over answering the calls.

Thanks!!!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Why do you have a outside vm also?

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
OP Offline
Russ,

Excellent question!!! The service translates the voicemail to text and forwards it out to my technician's cell phones as a text message as well as sending it as an email.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Are you talking about during the day or after hours. At any rate, the C.O. line answering needs to be programmed the way you want. Right now it seems that UCD 433 (Voice mail) is answering the lines...or are you saying that you need the ring time to be longer...in that case you have to get into UCD programming and set the ringing timer for more rings.

All this depends, really on how you programmed the system in the first place. You do have a VM on the system, don't you?? It isn't just a AA card on the system, is it??

As DTMF says "Why". Why don't you just get rid of the outside VM and save the monthly fee? That's why you paid for a voice mail system and learned how to program it. Welcome to the Board!
welcome

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Ok, then if I read you right you really don't need the system vm in the day? You could use the schedule.

Now it's becoming clearer.

OP Offline
Thanks for the speedy replies!!! It seems that I've failed to provide sufficient information about the system. This system was installed four years ago by a company that has since gone out of business so I have been attempting to deal with it myself. I apologize for the novice posting! (reading this board has been a great help, Thanks!!)

We do have voice mail on the KSU

Can I program the UCD settings using the main extension?

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Yep

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
If you're just using the outside service for tech voicemails, why not use the in-skin voicemail for everything else, and then send the call offsite to take advantage of the service for the techs? If you have Centrex lines or Call Transfer service from the phone company it would be pretty easy to do, and would give you a bit of the best of both worlds.

Justin

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,883 Shoretel
189,988 CTX100 install
188,107 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 67 guests, and 34 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024