Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
I remember being at a product launch and the exact question about cid to analog ports.We were told then that they would look into it.It's not just a matter of hardware but how much does the hardware cost to implement.Like was mentioned earlier,you have it on the 616,the iDCS100 release 2 will also have it.Compact no because the software is virtually if not already a dead issue for that line.As for the 500 we'll have to wait or maybe Tom will chip in if he has any knowledge of Samsung's plans.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Alright I will chime in. All I know is that Samsung is seriously looking in to it. However, it is all about Cost vs. Demand. How many SLI cards with CID would you install on a typical iDCS 500 configuration? What about if the price was 15% higher? In order to add CID to Analog stations a manufacturer has to add the components to either the Analog Station Card or to the backplane of the switch, either way their will be a cost. So again how many SLI with CID would you sell?

How many other manufactures that have equivalent size and capabilities support CID to an Analog device? I was not aware that the Iwatsu Adix APS supports CID to Analog Station.

------------------
Buy-SamsungPhoneSystems.com

pvj Offline
Thanks Tom.
Exactly,say 10% of people would utilize the feature.But 100% of the people have to pay for it because the card has to have hardware added to it.The only other way is to maybe make a card that has it and 1 that doesn't.But there has to be enough demand for both cards or it's not worth the production run of the lesser selling card.

OP Offline
Well first of all the Samsung iDCs 500 is a very expensive system which is support to be cutting edge. This phone system is suppose to be Samsung's flagship system.

It should at very lease mirror the functions of cheap old phone systems selling on ebay which may be over 15 years old.

Secondly, the Samsung iDCS 500 key market is large business. Large modern businesses generally use Fax servers instead of old fashion paper Fax machines. These Fax servers require Caller ID on the line to identify the sender.

It makes customers angry when you replace a old "obsolete" phone system. Then they learn the new system can't do the features of the old one.

For example:

1.Park Orbit: I can't program a key to represent a park orbit. Large company which are extreme busy have a receptionist who are constantly juggling calls, placing multiple calls on hold. Most phone systems can have dedicated lets say 9 buttons which represent the 9 Orbits. However, not Samsung! Samsung has a flashing line #1, flashing line#2,etc.
So when you have 6 simultaneous calls coming in. You do not know if the flashing line #1 is a new call or a call placed in a parked Orbit. Phone system that are over 20 years old the ability to designate a parked orbit button!

2. The "direct pickup" DP feature does not ring on the phone. It only flashes. How do you hear a flashing light? This feature is for a sectary who need to be able to answer their boss's phone when they are busy. I am forced to make several a 2 people group to accomplish something workable here because the direct pickup feature not ringing is a joke.

3. 2-way off hook voice announcement: Ability for a receptionist to have a brief conversation with a employee in the event that a important call comes in for them.

Its the ability interrupt the person current talking in a phone conversation and ask them if they would like to take the important call. Samsung only have 1-way off hock voice announcement unless you happen to have a 32 AOM.

4. CID to analog extensions(of course you already know about this one) I don't think we are talking about 15% extra cost if Samsung would produced the system with this from the start.

Please help me out here if I forgot any of the things customer's complain about.

I mean most of these things I know for a fact that Nitsuko have done most of these things 15-20+ years ago. Why has Samsung never caught up?

I would be glad to give samsung a PDF manuals from Nitsuko to verify that they can do these features on even their cheap older phone systems if it would help Samsung produce a better product and keeps the installers from trying to make excuses for Samsung's oversights.

[This message has been edited by Calven007 (edited January 06, 2005).]

Tom I agree. I wouldn't want the extra cost of the CID feature for my Hotel installations. These sites are mostly SLI cards and nobody uses CID on the guest phones.
Larry

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Calven007 -

Since I am now taking care of your area why don't you shoot me an email with "Your Wish List" and next week when I am in Dallas I will address them. Also why you're at it please send me your Nitsuko pdf and I will use it as back up.

Regarding your points some of them are being addressed and some of them haven't been discussed but none the less if we don't hear from the dealers then we can't add features if it is feasable. Last point I will make is that since you are refering to 32 AOM I would speculate that you haven't priced an iDCS 500 out lately. We are extremely competitive and you will be hard pressed to lose based on price unless your mark-up is something outside the norm.

------------------

[This message has been edited by thall - Samsung Rep (edited January 07, 2005).]

pvj Offline
Tom,
The idea list and hearing from the dealers was what I wanted to see on the ebiz forum.Unfortunately as you know it got taken away.I would like to see it back and maybe what it needs is a moderator.Please add my feature wish list from your forum to the Dallas meeting.

I agree about the park orbits. Really, What the heck is samsung doing?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
All of your requests will be mentioned in my report next week in Dallas.

The park orbit idea is a nice one and it was a great tool while I was at Comdial. Currently the way I sell around that is by emphasizing that I can put a call on hold at any given extension and when it recall it will recall to that extension thus giving you both an audible ring as well as an Amber call indicator.

------------------

What is Samsung reason for not doing the park orbit buttons? This would be extremely useful feature for any phone system.

Its like selling a luxury car without a power windows or power steering.

[This message has been edited by Jonnydanger (edited January 10, 2005).]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,732 Shoretel
189,789 CTX100 install
187,935 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 144 guests, and 322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024