web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jettech Offline OP
OP Offline
Just Upgraded an OS 100 with V2.46 to V2.63.

I need the software upgrade to run current version IP Phones.

Anyway I have created a problem with their existing IP Phones they wont log onto the OS-100 as we get an “Invalid Registration ID” error during startup.

We have two different software version phones on the system.

These phones give the invalid registration ID message:

Bootrom V 1.03
Software V 3.00
Hardware 3-0

These phones log onto OS System and work:

Bootrom V 1.02
Software V 2.05
Hardware 3-0

I’ve checked the settings in the Phone Menu and MMC 840 they all look fine and have not changed during the upgrade process.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What about the MGI3 ? You need 2.60 or higher for ITP 51XX series.

1st I would backup and save your database. Then I would power it off and turn off the battery on the MGI card for 2 minutes then power up the system and check it again. Sometimes after a upgrade, the MGI is a little "stupid" and you have to purge it. Then if that didn't work, I think that I would log off one of the working phones and use a phone that is in question and try logging in with it using the good phone number. That would let you know about the phone set either way. This is assuming that all software levels matches in the system.

jettech Offline OP
OP Offline
I Will have another look at it this morning.

Is there any programming stored on the MGI? I thought it all would have been stored on the MCP?

Do the phones need the MGI to register or do they just need the MGI channels when attemptig a external or non IP handset call.

Originally posted by jettech:
Is there any programming stored on the MGI? I thought it all would have been stored on the MCP? yes there is software to the mgi

Do the phones need the MGI to register or do they just need the MGI channels when attemptig a external or non IP handset call. the mcp is the set up and the mgi is for use. None the less you should check to see if you have the current version on the mgi when you do the mcp

jettech Offline OP
OP Offline
All works now.

Restarted the system all ok.

Immagine that..."A Reboot" Been doing it to PC's for years and it even works on a phone system! A reboot is in order anytime software is upgraded and should be one of the first troubleshooting steps if possible. I have seen a lot of hair pulling, and I am bald, that could have been avoided with a reboot.

Samsung Dealer
www.firstcoastbiz.com
jettech Offline OP
OP Offline
Further to Previous Posts.

The system had been Rebooted Several Times after the MCP upgrade I don't know why one more re boot made the difference.

I have also noticed the v 1.03 Phones won’t automatically log on after they have lost connection to the system they come up with a blank screen the phones themselves have to be re-powered by unplugging the POE patch cord with and reconnecting.

Sounds like the older software / firmware is more stable with 2.63. Maybe I need to do a firmware downgrade on the phones to suit the others. frown

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,371 Shoretel
189,054 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024