web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#431704 04/24/08 01:21 AM
OP Offline
Hi, I've recently installed a DCS-816 (think it's a 616 in the US?) system with LOTS of help from reading this forum so thanks for that.

In an ideal world I'd like to set up an answer service that comes on automatically out of hours or for unanswered calls. During normal hours I'd like the calls to come directly through to the phones (not through a 'press 1 for sales' system etc).

Is this possible?
If it is possible is an SVM 400 my best option?
Or should I just use any answering machine connected to the RJ45 cable & turn it off/on for out of hours?

Thanks in advance for any help and thanks for all the other posts to do with the DCS 816, without them we wouldn't have a working phone system :toothy:

Spencer

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If the system is the latest release you should be able to use the svmi2e. But an answering machine on two of the sli ports would work as a very in-expensive option.

Set up your ringing groups for day and night, set the hours you want this to happen. Then add the sli ports to the night ring group. If you are going the answer machine route set the machines to answer after so many rings.

As wrichey said, you need a revision 2 motherboard to install the svmi-2 internal card.

The svm-400 is an external voicemail which will take up 2 or 4 of your 12 digital ports.

With regards to your programming, you can do exactly what you have requested.

OP Offline
Thanks WRichey for the (fast!) reply, I'll give it a go this week.

Spencer

OP Offline
Hi, back again smile
Okay, so I've found how to sort out day/night ringing and connected an answer machine to an SLI port (215 or 216).
The only problem I have is the phone doesn't ring frown
It can dial other stations (which is how I know it's 215 or 216).
It actually receives the call as I can pick it up to answer.
It just doesn't ring.
I've tried both ports 215 & 216.
I've tried a normal phone.
But all have the same problem.
Anyone have any ideas? I'd imagine I've done something stupid so apologies if it's painfully simple.

Thanks smile

Spencer

The extensions 215 or 216 need to be added to the apropriate day/night ring groups. If you have access to system programming you should be able to determine where to do this.

OP Offline
Thanks for the reply benb.
I think I've put 215 & 6 in the right groups as you can actually answer a call, it just doesn't ring. I've found another thread discussing this (sorry, didn't see it before posting) and it looks like it's a fault with the voltage being sent to the station. Not something I can sort out.

So I tried adding another station that redirects to a mobiles answer service out of hours (long winded but thought it'd do the job). Managed that only to find it doesn't send a disconnect signal (another thread explained that too) so only the first call gets through.

aargh! :bang:

Looks like I'm going to have to wait for an svm400 to come on eBay.

Unless anyone has any other suggestions I could try?
Is there any other answer service/voicemail that's compatible with dcs 816?

Thanks again for all help.

Spencer.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,892
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,840 Shoretel
189,961 CTX100 install
188,060 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 100 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024